“Great atmosphere and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 207 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Salvation Cafe offers fireside dining in the winter and award winning al fresco dining in the Summer. Voted "Best Restaurant, Newport" by Providence Phoenix 2012 & 2013. Our summertime raw bar menu is available in our outdoor tiki bar. Enjoy a lobster roll & our famous Coconut Mojitos or join us for Sangria & Sunsets after a day at the beach! Parking is available in lot behind restaurant.
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Great atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Pad Thai, during our visits to the Salvation Café the staff is attentive, willing to please and happy to be there. The menu has many tempting items, but Pad Thai is usually ordered and the remainder taken home.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cumberland, Rhode Island, USA
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They have a wonderful and very interesting menu. The service was top notch all of which enticed me to return for a second time in two weeks.

Visited October 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Very nice for a large group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I attended a business dinner here, and it was a very nice choice. We had a group of about 16 people, and we had chosen our main courses ahead of time (which is always a nice touch for a large group as it keeps things moving). We had the 2nd floor to ourselves, including the balcony patios, so we didn't have to think about whether we were noisy. The food was good, as was the service. And they were very accommodating in getting a birthday cake for us as we were celebrating some birthdays and special occasions.

• Visited October 2013
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Best Food in Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and it never fails to deliver. Unique cocktails, great beers on tap and always interesting and delicious food. I always want at least 3 things on the menu....creative, complex, large portions and very friendly staff. I hosted a birthday party in their upstairs room and the event was perfect....this is a must visit again and again in Newport.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Rehearsal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I simply cannot praise this restaurant enough. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. I found it through another restaurant that couldn't accommodate us and then of course checked it out on the web. Although I liked the private room they offer for a party such as ours, I was skeptical not trusting photos of anything these days. I dealt with George and Sue over the phone, living in Colorado, for next months planning our event. The menu was perfect. When I wanted to replace a choice, they immediately accommodated me. All of our communications were easy and assuring.

Now to the event. The food was absolutely delicious and I consider myself having a discriminating palate. We picked appetizers out of variety of offerings all sounding good. Two waitresses passed them around which added a festive note. We were offered a wine selection that was moderately priced and perfect. And their signature dessert is delicious, light and creative.

The room looked exactly like it was presented on the web. Blond wood, twinkling lights and a bar. Our party was 30 and there was more than enough room.

And the bill?? It was totally appropriate and honestly I believe a bargain for what they did and served. Can I say more?? Except thank you Salvation Cafe.

• Visited September 2013