“Owner is NOT friendly” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Newport, Rhode Island
“Owner is NOT friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had gone there several times and loved the place, then for an unknown reason, I went once at the beginning of dinner time, and the owner was terribly rude to my wife and I. He wouldn't even seat us. I think his name is Marco. We were mid 30's, dressed well, no children, and had chatted with him before, tip very well, and we had had terrific times there. I have no idea what the problem was. I'll never go back. Puerini's is where I go now.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Panama City, Florida
“Make a Reservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have eaten here twice, and the food has been excellent both times. I had the veal my first visit and pasta on my second visit. Sangria was delicious, too!! Be sure to make a reservation, because I saw people turned away both times, because they were full.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“American Italian cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very basic food which more closely resembles American Italian rather than authentic Italian. Sauce too saucy and flavored basic. It is a cute place though.

Visited November 2012
Boston
“Delicious food, fresh ingredients, warm authentic atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

After an afternoon exploring the Mansions, this is a great fine! This is a small family operation with the wife as chef and husband as manager. Wait staff very helpful and attentive explaining dishes and giving recommendations. The pasta dishes are light and so very tasty! The three of us split two desserts and loved them both. A divine dinner event. Must return !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little of the beaten path, but well worth the visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I can see why this place it rated so highly among Newport restaurants. It is absolutely marvelous in every way. It was so nice to find a skilled waiter who knows wines and has experience working at many Northeast restaurants who could skillfully direct us through all the potential pairings and sauces and wines. (I wish I could remember his name – he was great – Boston man with glasses). Each of the four of us chose a different dish and we all took turns sharing bites with each other. Every one of us had a perfect dish, whether it was pasta, veal, or fish. The sauces were all world class; truly. Nothing was overcooked and it all seemed made to order. Even the desserts were classic Italian. Love this place.

• Visited November 2012