“A good pub” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Wood RIdge, NJ
“A good pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ask for a seat by the window. Accommodating staff, good food makes this a good choice while touring Newport. Conveniently located on Bellevue Avenue

Visited July 2014

New York, USA
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The restaurant was not crowded but still our service was slow. The food was not good, and our orders were incorrect! The worst offender was the clam chowder and crab cake, really bad.

Visited July 2014
San Diego, California
“My Stomach Still Hurts”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

There is a reason that this restaurant is almost at the bottom of the list. Horrible service and food. And, the owner was the one who served us. We waited over an 1.5 for our food. Once it came the orders were wrong and the food was very greasy. Stay away from this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Two out of three visits isn't bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My third visit to Griswold's tonight. I like the fact I can get a Guinness and a sandwich after work, could be as late as 11:00 pm. The first time I had a great bartender, had a few, dinner, dessert and couldn't wait to stop by again. The second night, relaxing and late so I headed home, I did have a few and dessert, took half of my sandwich home. Tonight, oh tonight. Started out fine, I don't expect great service all the time and was willing to wait a few minutes. Got my Guinness, then ordered the same sandwich, it was good. Another Guinness, sure, of course then..............the bartender from the second night came in for one with a friend. Some other people, staff members at my favorite restaurant came in, nice to see them. However, between the "regulars", I didn't matter. My empty glass sat there and sat there and sat there while she talked to her friends. To me that is the kiss of death, read my other reviews. Instead of dessert, I couldn't wait to get out of there. My credit card sat there for a while. She finally came over took my card, brought the bill. $21.00? really, I usually tip $21.00. I would have loved another Guinness and perhaps dessert, one of those days but I wanted out. What is the tip on $21.00? For poor service, 10%, 2.00 dollars, no......regular service? 15% 3.00, no......God I tip the people at Dunkin that. Ok, for me then, $5.00 or what I tip valet parkers. I will go back, its quiet, I wonder why, its close by, the food is decent with plenty of parking and in Newport that matters. I will go in unless the same bartender in working then I'll head to McDonalds with better service even though there is no Guinness.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Mediocre and Bland Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My daughter and I had lunch at The Griswold Tavern yesterday, the service was friendly and extremely slow. My daughter said the iced coffee tasted like instant. The lobster roll was bland, no flavor, the coleslaw dull, the sweet potato fries average. We had a non de script house salad with tomatoes and onions. The tortilla chips were close to $6 and the salsa tasted like it had gone bad.

• Visited June 2014