“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Providence, RI
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This used to be my favorite restaurant. I'm not sure what has happened but the quality of the food has declined and the prices seem to have risen. A shame. I don't see myself going back anytime soon, which is sad because I really used to love it.

42% Recommend
Temperance, Michigan
“fabulous!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We sat outside on the sidewalk cafe of this establishment and had a lovely meal. I ordered the tuna and salmon tar tar....it was fantastic. the best raw seafood I have ever eaten. The service was good and the owner/manager even came by to visit with us for a few minutes. Try this place, I think you will enjoy it.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Absent owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

John the Danish owner of this funky place (old service station) on upper Thames st in NPT is not always there, which is a shame.
When he is there the food is excellent and interesting, when he is not it is average. famous for their Expresso Martini.

Visited June 2012
Marblehead, MA
“None Given”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Last minute stop on our way home from Jazz Fest. Had gotten nice review from fellow guests at B&B. No wine with meal, long trip home and lots of State Police expected. The lamb chops and salmon off the menu were first rate, It was quiet, and service was perfect. It appeared that people working there cared.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, drinks and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I walked in on a busy Saturday recently. Restaurant was full but we were able to get 2 seats at the bar. The bartender had great recommendations for wine pairings with our meals and of course the Espresso martinis were excellent as usual! Its my 4th or 5th time in Asterisk and I'm impressed with the consistent quality of the restaurant and its one of my favorite places to eat in Newport. The menu has not changed a lot over the last few years but the seafood is always fresh and the restaurant still does a great job of incorporating local meats and produce.

Visited July 2012