“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

NEBRASKA
59 attraction reviews
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went on the lunch cruise and everything went well. The food was very good and there was plenty of it. The tour guide was informative and you could hear the narration clearly, maybe a bit too loud. We saw a lot of interesting sites. We even got to cruise up close to an old aircraft carrier. The service was also very good.
We chose the lunch cruise over the dinner cruise as it was only about 1/2 the cost.
I only have one complaint about this cruise. We had paid for this cruise at the time of reservation, however, upon check-in we were told we had to pay an additional fee for service. ( There is no mention of an additional fee when you purchase your tickets. ) If this fee is mandatory it should have been paid at the same time you purchased your tickets, not sprung on you when you arrive. The fee was rather steep, based on the price of the entire ticket, and was double what I ever would have left for a tip. This was a buffet and the only thing the servers brought you were drinks. A buffet meal does not deserve as large of a tip as table service. I find it unacceptable that one should have to pay for service before you even receive it. A gratuity is earned, not automatic. This was just in bad taste. They even had the nerve to mention leaving an additional tip before you left.

Visited July 2013
NewportMajestic, Manager at Newport Majestic Cruises, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We want to thank you for coming out and sharing your day with us on the Majestic. The management and staff work very hard to make sure you have a amazing experience and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you also for taking the time to write this review and please call our sales office in the future for special discounts for returning customers.

North Kingstown
4 attraction reviews
“Sunday Brunch Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A group of six women went on the brunch cruise today. The food was better than expected but could benefit from a larger selection. The ship could use some updating and the narrator talks too much but the service was excellent. Max, the owner was very gracious and made a point to welcome and thank each guest.

NewportMajestic, Manager at Newport Majestic Cruises, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Lisa,

Thank you for joining us on the Majestic and leaving this review. We have recently taken ownership over the Majestic and your reviews as well as others will be taken in consideration. We believe the good or the bad is what makes us better. Please keep an eye on or menus for they will be improving on a continuous basis. We hope to see you again and please contact us in the future for discounts regarding returning guest.

See you soon,
Newport, Rhode Island
7 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable brunch cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We, would highly recommend, the Mimosa brunch cruise.
We, had a great tour of Newport Harbor, with a very informative, funny host.
We, had a wonderful, well organized brunch, consisting of Eggs Benedict, fresh fruit salad, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, pastries and a few lunch items.
All the food is prepared on the boat, not catered.
This was a fun way to spend a Sunday!

Visited July 2013
NewportMajestic, Owner at Newport Majestic Cruises, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Barrington, RI
“Waste of $200”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This cruise seemed to be a money pit. The first bill was $107.00, which was on the higher side for a night out but with everything included why not? Right? Well some charges were my own fault, the hotel, cab, ect. but the manditory $20.00 gratuity was presumptious. Drink prices were outragious and they had a tip jar out. The food was horrible. The fish was boiled and not prepared in anyway described on the menu. The chicken had hard balls in it. The portions were very small too. There are two bottles of wine on the table, not comptementary. Then they take your picture, for a fee of course. The crowd was older and the dj wouldn't play certain songs because it was a "family cruise", with no children on board. I wouldn't recommend this for a group outing or a date. Only go if you are wealthy and over 50.

Hello,

It’s sad for us as new management to read reviews like this and I would like to welcome you back to take a cruise on us. We have changed many things and if it was possible to give back those 3 hours we would do that immediately. Please contact our sales office to schedule a cruise next time you are in the area and we will show you how great the Majestic can be.

Scarborough, Maine
20 attraction reviews
“Save Your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I truly love dinner cruises. I love getting out on the water with a drink or two. I have been on dinner cruises all over the country and this was the WORST one!

I do not reccommend this to anyone.

The ship itself is ok. Not the most comfortable for lounging on outside decks but still in decent enough shape. They have these horrible blue and red spot lights inside the eating area at night but really I found them more annoying than elegant. The speaker system is crackley and distorted. We could barely understand what the guy was saying.

The food is where this company goes terribly wrong. At $106.00 per person with an 18% gratuity added on upon check in, I expect a good meal. Do I expect 5 star, no. When you walk to the back deck you must walk by the kitchen. I was very disappointed to see the cans of the clam chowder packaged by the kitchen door.

I also walked by while they were seperating the desert. Desert was a horrible chocolate cheese cake, the frozen kind that comes shrinkwrapped with individual tissue paper seperating the pieces. It wasn't even good, it tasted like it had been in the fridge for a week too long.

We ate the cod and that wasn't bad. You could definitely tell it wasn't fresh fish but the seasoning was nice, the veggies cooked okay too. However, like I said, I walked by the kitchen throughout my meal, there wasn't any grilling, boiling, baking. This was literally a microwave meal on a boat.

They do not have a full bar on the boat either, which was a dissapointment. There was no drinks included option which was a disappointment but even then, the bar tender was inexperienced and was brutally honest about the lack of selection they have on the boat. My husband settled for canned beer and I a glass of wine.

We could have paid 1/2 as much for a local boat cruise, whether on a sail boat or another charter. For what we paid for the meal we could have had a really nice meal on one of the waterfront resturants. It was a huge disappointment.

For being July 3rd and a fireworks cruise, I expected a fair amount of people going. There was only like 3-4 couples and a group of 5 teenagers. Let's just say the boat was pretty much empty. This was unusual for me as every other dinner cruise I have been on was pretty full. They staffed with 2 cooks/microwavers and probably 6 wait staff and a bartender. As you can imagine, service was quick. Extremely quick. On the way back the staff stood in a circle chatting like a clique of teenagers, not exactly their fault, there was way to many of them for very few customers.

I would not do this cruise again, I would have a hard time telling anyone they should do it. Going out on the water was nice. The meal was absurd for the price.

Avoid this excursion. I would reccommend traveling to NYC and doing a dinner cruise with excellent food and drinks included over wasting an evening eating canned soup and boxed cheesecake!

Hello,