“Let me join the happy chorus” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide private driving tours of Newport, RI, the most historically intact city in the United States. Whether you are traveling alone, as a couple, or with thirty-five friends, Newport Tour & Guide offers an experience that is both relaxing and informative, providing a rare insight into this City by the Sea. Our guides are all local, well trained, and have a prodigious knowledge of Newport history. Our private tours include over a dozen opportunities to stop and visit historical sites, not just drive by. Our special license allows us unlimited versatility in both our tours and routes, and we can stop at a moment's notice for photography, culinary delights, rest stops, or shopping, wherever and whenever our clients wish. If there's someplace you want to spend more time, it's your tour, and your choice.
USA
“Let me join the happy chorus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I took the Newport tour with Tammy because of everyone's rave reviews, so I would like to add to the pile so the next person looking for something to do in Newport will call her as well. I feel like it's the least I could do - I was traveling with my elderly parents and she was super accommodating and gentle with them. Plus the tour was really interesting! She really knows her town, and clearly loves showing it off. Go, take a tour with Tammy, you'll be so glad you did.

Visited June 2014

Ledyard, Connecticut
“Memorable Family Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

For my parents 40th anniversary our family of eight took a custom tour of Newport with Tammy. It was absolutely the best decision we made. I’ve been on many tours in other cities (New York, Caribbean Islands), but none compare to the way Tammy shared the story of Newport with us. She was knowledgeable and accommodating, as she modified the agenda to suit the needs of two seniors, two teens and four thirty somethings. Tammy made a great visit to Newport even better.

Visited July 2014
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Professional and Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family came from Texas and Seattle to visit and wanted to see what Rhode Island had to offer. I emailed Tammy and got a response that same night! When we met up with her the next day (1/2 hr later than our appointment--SORRY!), Tammy welcomed us with open arms and a great big smile! Nothing says "Welcome to Newport" better than that!!! I broke the bad news and told her we would tour Newport on our own --> BIG MISTAKE on our part! She told us not to worry, handed us a map and wrote down the popular attractions to go see on our short visit. How professional is she, not to mention super sweet as well!!! She even texted us an hr later to see if we were ok! Long story short...Tammy tried to accommodate our last minute decision as best she could and worked with us so that we would have a great experience (even without her guidance). I will definitely be more prepared next year and call Tammy early. I'm very thankful for your good deed of the day, Tammy!!!

Visited July 2014
Arkansas
“Four extremely happy campers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

First of all, Tammy was delightful company, outstanding personality. Extremely knowledgeable, and gave us the best history lesson we ever had. Overall an extremely enjoyable 3 hours. Would highly, highly recommend.
Great snack, impeccable car.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“WAYYYYYY Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

First let me say, I was making a very brief trip to Providence, and yearned to see the Mansions in Newport. Since I travel alone frequently, I am a huge fan of tours. New and interesting places are definitely my forte. Being a history buff also made a visit to Newport while in Rhode Island a must.

Upon meeting Tammy, we just clicked. (I am sure all her clients feel that way, but I like to think we had kindred spirits!). She DEFINITELY is the guide for Newport. Her love of the area and Newport history is so evident. She starts at the beginning and builds an understanding of the area and appreciation of Newport history from Colonial times to the present. It was a fascinating afternoon. I loved every moment of her tour, and shared her enthusiasiam for the area by the time we finished. I will definitely put Newport high on the list of places to re-visit!

Tammy also suggested restaurants and shops I might enjoy before heading home, and was right on with her suggestions. I cannot say enough about the day spent in Newport. Since my trips are very short, time is of the essence, and Tammy made every moment worthwhile. All I can say is, if you are in Newport and want a truly unique experience, take a tour with Newport Tour & Guide. One of the best tours I have taken in the country...hands down.

Visited April 2014