“Not so much the food was the outside deck” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Bowens warf in Newport RI
Description: Bowens warf in Newport RI
Leeds
“Not so much the food was the outside deck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found the food here OK but nothing all that special. However, sitting outside over the water with a blanket wrapped round you while you ate was fabulous. You get to see how the other half on the massive motor yachts live while munching away and they'll even crack your lobster for you if you're a first timer and a bit worried about it!!

Visited September 2012

“Poor service ok food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I don't think I've ever experienced service this bad! The waitress had a bad attitude. Then another person tried to take my husbands mussels bowl away (while everyone was still eating) and he asked her to bring him some bread. I asked her if I could have another glass of wine to which she said "yea". We got neither. Quite sometime later we finally tracked down our waitress who didn't seem bothered by this and finally brought what we asked for. Additionally, they served the soup after the entree. The lobster roll was good - not great, or the best in Newport, but good. But it was seriously overpriced considering it only came with potato chips. The atmosphere is what you'd expect from Lobster Shack and the views are great, but overall I would just go for drinks and skip the food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Centereach, New York
“Best view money can buy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

So you have to walk through a smelly fish market to get to this little gem, but at least you can tell the fish was just caught! Very casual setting right on the water. The Bloody Mary's were excellent and the lobster roll even better. The fried shrimp were very large and cooked to perfection. Well worth the trip.

Visited September 2012
Yardley, PA
“Best lobster ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were in Newport recently and ate at the Aquideck Lohbster Co. We are forevere ruined on Lobster. This was by far the freshest, best lobster I have ever had, even better than Boston, or Maine. I can't even begin to describe how tender, flavorful and fresh it was. It's like I have never had lobster in my life. I am sure I will never have a lobster this good again. The tail meet was as sweet and tender as the claws. It was incredible. Don't miss this if you love lobster! We had a great view from the deck and watched the beautiful sunset. The service was a bit mediocre but I can't say enough about the Lobster.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“You cannot do any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This place has the best view in town the freshest seafood and just a wonderful overall atmosphere. A good time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere