“All our children loved it” 5 of 5 stars

401-846-0773
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our guides lead a moderate, perfectly paced, 2-hour, 9-mile ride, steeped in history and graced with architectural and natural beauty. View the harbor. See Newport's magnificent mansions. Dip your toes in the ocean at Bailey's Beach. Learn how Newport shaped the nation we live in today.
London, United Kingdom
“All our children loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was a fun way to discover Newport. Even though it was very hot, Steve (our guide and also a school teacher) managed to keep the children (14,13 and 11) interested through fun facts about the history of Newport but also its architecture. We ended up with a picnic under the shade as the kids did not want to swim. The best thing about Steve is how friendly and accommodating he is. I recommend this tour to anyone with teenagers.

Newington, Connecticut
“Seeing ALL of Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My niece and I thoroughly enjoyed our bike tour of Newport. Our tour guide Steve was very knowledgable and took us to historical places in the city that no one would ever find on their own. We of course went to the known side of town as well, namely the mansions and the cliff walk and even dipped our toes in the ocean. Our tour was supposed to last 2 hours but Steve took the extra time to bring us down to the wharf area and show us around and point out different restaurants we might want to have dinner at. Our time with Steve lasted 2 1/2 hours. He carried our water in a fanny pack as the bikes had no cages (bottle holders). The ride was very easy and leisurely. Don't forget the sunscreen if it is a sunny day!

Boston, Massachusetts
“The sights that are never noticed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I decided to go on this bike tour with my sister and friend as something fun to do other than the beach or shopping. I have summered in Jamestown since I was a little girl so I know Newport pretty well, or so I thought. This bike tour was one of a kind, very unique and informative. The tour guides were extremely helpful making sure everyone was comfortable on their bikes and went over instructions very well. I learned so much history of Newport that I did not know before and went on streets I didn't even know existed. This is a great way to see Newport's quieter parts of town and enjoy a nice and enjoyable bike ride as well! I would totally recommend this tour to others.