“lovely spot on the water” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
barry island uk
“lovely spot on the water”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

went here when the boat show was on , so they were a little busy, but a really nice location. staff were ok, probably would have been a lot better if they weren't so busy

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Most enjoyable Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Landing saved us since we walked out of a previous reservation with a dinner cruise that went sour. They did their best to seat us inside and we were a group of 14 people! Our meals were delicious and the help was very accomodating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Newport! I am from RI and I would not hesitate to come back again.

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia
“Pretty good lobster roll and beer. That's about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. I can imagine that there are much better places around for a lobster. Pretty average, nothing special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great view, Average lunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We were seated immediately, upstairs, outside with a great view of the water. You really cannot beat the view. My lobster bisque was good (a bit lacking on the meat though). I had the lobster mac & cheese, while there was a good helping of meat in it and the cheese was tasty, I'm not sure I liked the tomato base to it. The tomato sauce kind of took away from the flavor of the cheese/lobster. I found myself picking around it but overall was satisfied with it. I probably wouldn't get it again though. My husband had a chicken wrap that he said was just average. Our service was quite slow and not very attentive, especially when we were ready to go. There was live music which was nice to have in the background, good atmosphere. We will probably try another restaurant for lunch next time but I would still say this place is good enough to come back to as well.

Visited September 2012
HdeG, Maryland
“Exceptional location, Great food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

A "Must" when visiting Newport. Fantastic location overlooking the Newport harbor, great service and food. Prices are on par with other restaurants in area but, location is everything. Highly recommended...

• Visited August 2012