“WE HAD A GREAT STAY” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ma.
“WE HAD A GREAT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for four nights at the WYNDHAM INN . They are still up grading the premises. the view on waterside from balcony is magnificent. The pool was being upgraded two years ago and the buildings are fairly old ,but clean and comfortable. They are always working on them and up grading.They could do a better job on modernization to the furniture and interiors. Some are in need of painting , etc.

Room Tip: Views are great on second floor balconies facing harbor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is great. Close and walking distance to the cute downtown area. Bakery just a few blocks away was a real hit in the mornings. The staff were WONDERFUL, courteous and very helpful from the time we checked-in till check out. The room had recently been updated and was very clean and welcoming. I will definitely stay there again and as a travel agent, recommend this property to my clients.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
High River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Four of us stayed here in a 2 bedroom for a week and had a nice time. The resort is right across the street from the boat yard but that didn't bother us at all. it was very quiet and within easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, etc. I mentioned it needs updating and in fact Wyndham is in the process of doing that. We just didn't get an updated unit. The kitchen is very small but well equipped. The grounds were immaculate and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. We would most definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our suite at the Wyndham was very nice. As you enter, there is the bedroom. Next is the kitchenette which had a full size refrigerator, small sink, coffeemaker, two burner cooktop and a microwave. Dishware, silverware, pots, pans and utensils are supplied. Coffees and popcorn were supplied. One thing that bothers me is there is never enough coffee creamer supplied (not just at the Wyndham but at all hotels) and I never remember to bring my own cream/creamer. Past the kitchenette is the living area which has a table with four chairs, a pull out couch and a chair. The couch and chair looked new but were not very comfortable however for us this wasn’t a problem since we weren’t in the room much. The view was fantastic. The water view overlooked the boat yard and docks. I enjoyed watching the early morning activity on the docks and boats.
The only thing I didn’t like was the weird smell in the hallway. I’m pretty sure the management was aware of it because once time we returned air freshener had been sprayed but it didn’t last. The same strange smell returned.
Since this is a vacation time share, there is not regular housekeeping. We did not have an occasion to call them for anything so can’t comment on their service in this area. The mattress was very comfotable. No problems sleeping. I don't think anyone was staying right next to us so can't comment of sound from neighbors. The staff at the registration desk were friendly and helpful. The check in is not in the building with the rooms. Guest check in across the street. The location is good. I would have liked it to be a little closer to the main street but then again probably would have had to pay more so all in all value for the dollar was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I second the previous reviewer....lots of good improvements made. We are owners and my one pet peeve always was the security at the Inn. Prior to this anyone was able to walk into the building - even from the outside deck. Now, key cards are needed 24/7 to enter into the lobby. Rooms/hallways have been painted. Furniture and bedding updated (gone are those crummy flowered bedspreads - replaced with clean, white comforters). Flat screen TV's in both rooms. Curtains replaced and blinds now on smaller windows. A few minor housekeeping issues were quickly resolved by staff. Staff always pleasant and helpful. Way to go Wyndham -at least I see where my maintenance fees are going!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Londonderry, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great location and amazing views. We stayed there two years ago, and it was fine, but this time, we were given room 458 (we own with Wyndham and used points for the two nights) and it was spectacular. It is recently all done over, and very well done at that. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there for another weekend whenever we can fit one in!

Room Tip: Ask for 358, 458 or 558 if possible! I really can't rate the "value" or restaurant or...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just returned from a weekend at the Inn with my girlfriends. I had booked the Inn because all the hotels were sold out. After reading reviews, I was nervous about the quality. Assumed our room would be worn out and musty but we lucked out! We had a great unit on the top floor with plenty of space for four girls. The bathroom was spacious and updated and the kitchen was well equipped! The rooms don't have an oven but have cook tops with two burners. Unfortunately only one of our burners worked but we made do. I was able to cook an easy pasta dish for dinner one night and breakfast each morning with the pots, pans and dishes that were provided plus wine glasses, utensils, cutting board etc. Our unit had two flat screen TVs and a CD player/radio and a hair dryer! We had an awesome view of the Newport bridge and the windows open so you can get some fresh air. We had a king bed and a pull out couch, neither were very comfortable but we survived. Cons: The rooms don't seem very sound proof, you can hear the other doors closing in the hallway from bed and this morning there was an alarm clock going off in the room next to us, it was so loud I thought it was in our room! I had seen the room being cleaned the day before so I knew it was vacant, I called the front desk at 8 AM to let them know and maintenance was sent to the vacant unit to turn it off within 15 minutes. Also, there isnt much closet space for your clothes which could be an issue with an extended stay. The staff was so pleasant - check in was quick and the girl who helped me couldn't have been nicer or more knowledgable. The front desk called yesterday to ask how our stay was going and called this morning to see if we needed assistance checking out. We had a great experience and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the roof deck, awesome spot to watch the sunset!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf? Share your experiences!