We stayed at The Chanler on our recent trip to Newport. The hotel was beautiful and the staff very friendly. After spending a few night`s at The Four Seasons in Boston, The Chanler fell short on luxury hotels and service. We were celebrating our anniversary as we indicated when we made the reservation. We didn't expect anything additional but after staying at the Four Seasons, where they upgraded our room and sent champagne and strawberries up the first night, we realize in this economy..it's the little extras that make a difference.
Our service was great. The staff very friendly, but somewhat sparse. They automatically respond with "we will take care of that immediately" but often don't. We had to haul our own luggage down 3 flights of stairs as no one ever came to the room to retrieve it. In addition, the restaurant, The Spiced Pear, is not worth the cost.
Nice place...would definitely explore other luxury hotels in the area next tine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport