Both me and my husband went to Newport for a romantic getaway. We stayed at this beautiful property Chanler. When we pulled up and both of our mouth's dropped as we gazed at the beautiful landscaped mansion.
We were greated by a very nice door guy that helped up with our luggage and checked in. We stayed in the Georgian room which was very nice and elegant. There was one problem with our room. For some reason the room was very hot! Even when we had the everything off. Our first night we did not sleep well because it was so hot. Our second night we ended up opening up three of the windows and slept comfortable but in mid February and us having to open up windows to sleep comfortably is weird. I called a couple times to the staff and they told me to just keep the heat down and it would cool down eventually but it never did. It was a shame because we never got to enjoy the fireplace. Nor could we enjoy our tiled bathroom which we tried to put on but they did not seem to work. We even had the staff come up and look at them and they said to reset it if they did not work and walked away and did not follow up with us.
Regarding the service it was not terrible but I felt they did not go out of their way which when you are paying for a nice place you expect them to go above and beyond or at least act like they care.
Nor did they offer any help or anything.
We were never asked if we needed help with making dinner reservations nor were we asked if they could help us with their trip planning activites. Our first night we asked about activities going on and we were given a website and that was it.
A couple times while I was waiting for my boyfriend to go and get the car, I sat down in the main area and no one asked me how we were enjoying our time or if they could help us with anything.
Luckily I read all my dining reviews on tripadvisor so I knew where to go.
But customer service was not all that great.
Overall experience was good but we most likely will not return.
We like bed and breakfast it is much more personable and friendly.
Just my $0.02
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and Despegar.com so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport