My husband and I just returned from a long weekend at the Chanler. We have a beautiful room with an oceanfront terrace. The staff was wonderful, accomodating and quite friendly. We had one minor "clitch" during our stay, which the hotel manager was very quick to remedy. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning over looking the cliff walk and lawns. Housekeeping did a great job not only cleaning our room, but our nightly turndown service had us coming back to a room with our slippers and robes laid out, chocolates by our pillows, soft music playing and dimly lit lights. The hotel is perfectly located at the start of the Cliff Walk, so you can walk off some of the thousand calories you'll consume at the delicious Spiced Pear. It was, as most have already commented, expensive, but in our case, we felt we got our monies worth. Would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport