We recently spent 3 days at the Chanler . It truly gave you a sense of what it must have been like growing up in a privileged society in Newport. The hotel is the perfect location to enjoy Cliff walk. It is a few steps away from the back porch. The lovely gardens are perfect for sitting in the afternoon sun watching the ocean and enjoying a cocktail. The weather was perfect and so were the amenities at the hotel. The bar and bartender were spot on . The meals at dinner and breakfast were delicious and filling and quite different. The personal tour of the kitchen by the chef was a treat. It was late in the evening and our night cap at the bar enabled us to meet the chef and get a personal tour of how the kitchen runs. Having a car and driver available every day to get to town is a nice touch.
The only downside was the room. We stayed in the "gothic room". After reading about gothic architecture, it could have been decorated different. It was very dark and somewhat "cold" in feel. It was a huge room with allowed you to move around. But, the tub was in the far end of the room and I wonder how many times it really gets used. And to reach the toilet in the middle of the night is a little shaky as you have to descend down three steps in the dark. It did have a lot of amenities though with robes and a great shower and treats every day. The room could have been down in lighter shades for warmth and still maintained its character . we hope to have a different room next time we visit. What a fantastic stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport