“Perfect for A Romantic weekend away” 4 of 5 stars

The Chanler at Cliff Walk
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Memorial Boulevard, Newport, RI 02840   |
Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Newport
New York City, New York
“Perfect for A Romantic weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked this trip for a surprise winter weekend get away for my fiances birthday..
We had a fantastic time. We stayed in the English Tudor suite. I had arranged upon booking (2 months prior) for a bath to be prepared with rose petals and surrounded with candles, while we were down at dinner... And I was very pleasantly surprised that they remembered without prompting. We truly enjoyed our stay. The service was fantastic and the cliff walk, which is just 10 steps away, is breath taking. The hotel has amazing views and must be even more amazing in the summertime. The restaurant is expensive since the food is good but not exceptional, but the service was great.

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Chanler is a fantastic place to get away - consistently excellent service, beautiful rooms, fantastic food and drink. Truly worth the money - we would rather spend two nights here than a week anywhere else. A relaxing and enjoyable experience!

bristol, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Went for New Years weekend, what a pleasure!!!!! The hotel is expensive but for once you actually get what you paid for! From the time you arrive you are treated like you are their only occupant. From the doorman to the room staff and especially the young ladies at the desk, nothing is overlooked or taken for granted! The rooms are meticulous and the food at the Spiced Pear is impeccable! Best hotel we have stayed at, deserving of a five star rating!

Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at The Chanler at Cliff Walk. The location is perfect overlooking the Atlantic and the coastline. It is easily walkable to Bellevue Avenue and to shops, but if you don't want to walk, the complimentary driving service is perfect. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs, even delivering food to our room on Christmas night when we decided to stay in for the night. Breakfast was excellent each morning and the only difficult part was deciding what to order. We stayed for three days and would recommend this mansion to anyone planning to visit Newport.

• Stayed December 2012
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Just returned home from spending Christmas at the Chandler. Simply a fantastic experience and the perfect way to spend a stress free holiday! The property is gorgeous and if you truly want to experience the best Newport has to offer than a visit to the Chandler is a must.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My girlfriend Autumn and I were up in CT for a friend's wedding and we planned a little side trip to New Port, R.I. the week of Thanksgiving. We booked the Chanler at Cliff Walk after checking out their website, photos, and reviews. I decided to propose to Autumn at the Chanler because of it's elegance and location. Everybody on staff there along with my best man, was extremely helpful in helping me pull off an amazing engagement. Our room, the Louis XVI, was one of the best we've ever stayed in and the view was incredible! I spent over a week speaking with Laura at the Spiced Pear Restaurant and Christine, the general manager about my plans to propose and they really pulled through for me and made it a success. They went above and beyond for me and I can't thank them enough for everything! Autumn was so surprised and we both were so impressed with the guest service at the Chanler. The food was also great and just added to the whole experience. We couldn't be happier with how our stay went and can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Louis XVI room has an amazing view of the ocean and a great balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just spent a night at the Chanler and it was a much needed break from the stress of the holidays. This property DOES NOT disappoint. We stayed in Briar Rose and loved our private court yard and hot tub. The bed is extremely comfortable and I loved the linens so much I made note of the brand before I left. The staff is extremely accommodating, paying special attention to my down feather allergy without making me sacrifice comfort (extremely rare). The historic location speaks for itself. Overall, I will definitely return!

Room Tip: We loved Briar Rose (part of the Garden Villas) because of it's private courtyard and because it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chanler at Cliff Walk? Share your experiences!