We had a great stay at the Chanler in early November. Upon pulling in, the valets took our bags up to the room and the manager greeted us with Sparkling Pear Wine. We were showed to the Empire room which was nice and spacious with a view of the ocean, a gas fireplace, two tvs, and a multi-jet shower (see pics). There were also two chocolate covered pears as a welcome gift.
We got there in the early afternoon so we were able to go on the Cliff Walk which conveniently starts at The Chanler. Later in the evening, we took advantage of The Chanler's complimentary car service to town where we ate dinner. I wondered if they would try to pressure us to eat in the hotel restaurant or not offer the car service to other restaurants, but that didn't happen. In fact, the manager told us the restaurant went to was a good choice.
In the morning we had The Chanler's free breakfast which is very good. They offer a continental breakfast in the room, but the dining room has a nice view and the menu is great, so I recommend eating in the restaurant. You can choose anything on the breakfast menu along with coffee and juice. For two, the breakfast comes out to around $50 which you don't have to pay, but you do have to tip on.
It was nice, relaxing vacation and I had high expectations from the reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, but The Chanler didn't disappoint and I'd definitely recommend it to others visiting Newport.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.