“Perfect location and great view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Inn on the Harbor

You added Wyndham Inn on the Harbor to your Saves list
Wyndham Inn on the Harbor
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   359 Thames St., Newport, RI 02840 (Formerly Fairfield Newport at Inn on the Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Newport
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Perfect location and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Wyndham Inn on the Harbor for two nights in October. It was in the perfect location, right down town close to restaurants, bars, shopping and walking distance to all of these. The room was a nice size. It had a bedroom, kitchen area with a large fridge and sitting area with pullout couch, table with chairs, TV and a lovely view of the harbor. I appreciated the amenities, with free wifi, coffee in the morning and cookies in the afternoon. I did not find the room dated at all. It had everything we needed and was quite comfortable. It comes with one parking spot but we were lucky and they gave us another as they had room for our second car. Compared to some of the prices at the other hotels in the area, I thought this was excellent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lewiston, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed for two nights on our trip through CT and RI. The place is in a nice location. The staff was nice and had free WiFi. The hotel is in need of a renovation. The room we stayed in was what they called a two bedroom. The entrance to the room is in one of the bedrooms. The room did have maintenance issues, overloaded wall outlets and a lot of extension cords and one outlet was missing a faceplate. Old style tv's that during the football game kept losing the picture. One bed was beyond it's life span, had broken boxspring. Very little parking for the hotel. Missed having the amenities, but we knew there was none before going there. Walls are very thin if you have loud neighbors like we did.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here with another couple, we stayed in a one bedroom suite. My boyfriend and I stayed in the bedroom and our friends slept on the pull out couch in the living room. Please note if you are thinking about sharing a room and someone will sleep on the pull out couch, bring an air mattress to put on top, the pull out sofa mattress consisted of springs with a cover as thin as sheet over it. Our friends put the air mattress on top and it worked out really well. The suite consists of a bedroom with a queen bed, a 2 room bathroom (toilet and shower separate from vanity/sink), a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove, microwave, sink. The kitchen came fully stocked with glasses including wine glasses. The decor was dated but that didn't bother me one bit as the room was immaculate. The bathroom was spotless and I felt at ease right away. We were able to walk out of our room at night and bask in the great nightlife newport has to offer, no worries about cabs or driving, the entire city was at our doorstep. The view from our room overlooking the marina was incredible, we saw some many beautiful yachts and historic schooners coming in and our and in the mornings we enjoyed watching the fishing boats prep for their day on the ocean. The staff was very nice, extending an extra parking pass for the 2nd car (not protocol, its one spot per unit). Overall I can't say anything bad about this place, if you are used to staying in boutique city hotels and expect a certain level of modern decor, this is not the place for you. But if you appreciate an extremely clean, spacious and comfortable space in a great location for an affordable rate, I would not hesitate to look into the Wyndham Inn on the Harbor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed for a few nights over a weekend and enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was terrific. The property is located right on lower Thames Street, so it is an easy walk to all of the shops and restaurants. We also walked to the Easton beach and cliff walk, which were about a mile away. Our unit itself was okay: railroad style layout, slightly dated and not the most comfortable beds. However, everything was well kept, clean, and had plenty of kitchen supplies (tableware, coffee maker, microwave, stove, refrigerator, etc.) I would stay here again, but would prefer finding something a bit more up to date / upgraded.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Very dated to say the least! Great location, close to everything. The Deluxe room was to small and the a\c was not that great. Expected better from Wyndham

• Stayed May 2012
Linden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Be aware that this is a timeshare with a Saturday Check-in for Owners. AND If you plan to stay Friday and Saturday you are very likely to have to move rooms during the busy season.
I was informed of this after I received two check-in forms and called the desk to confirm why. At that time I was told it was “Highly Likely” we would have to check out at 11am and wait to get another room for our second day. No guarantees could be made for staying in the same room as Owners get their unit. They could not assist me with other options. While they were very courteous they were not very helpful in solving the problem as I had to wait until the Extra Holidays office was open.
Since I had time to research further I discover another BRAND that actually had someone I could speak with and confirm what I was getting. I cancelled the reservation and then called Extra Holidays to express that it might be nice to know what the Check-in dates are when booking. Again very coutesous but I really did not feel that they cared I took my business elsewhere.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We are just finishing a great week at Newport RI. This timeshare unit, while clean, was only adequate. It did not compare to what we traded. The rooms were railroad type with the entry door opening into the bedroom. There were no built in closets and no safe. A huge plus though...floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay and sunsets!!! There were no balconies or decks but there was a wonderful roof deck. Another huge plus was location. It is on lower Thames Street and within walking distance of almost everything. We walked to the cliff walk and to all the mansions and sometimes used the trolley to comeback. Oh, by the way, we are seniors!!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing west!!!! beautiful sunsets and a view of the bay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Inn on the Harbor? Share your experiences!