“"awful experience"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bellevue Manor

Bellevue Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #63 of 101 Newport B&B and Inns
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“"awful experience"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I went to the Inn for a getaway as we were expecting our first child. We had reserved a room with a jacuzzi tub, but when we got there, we disovered after checking in, there was no hot water. It was apparently known at check-in that there was a problem with the heat. At 8:30 at night we were informed that we would need to move over to the other building for heat and hot water. They could not give us the room with the tub we reserved. The next day we were told by the owner that they had no idea when the heat would come back on, we were offered a small discount on our room to continue to stay at the other building. When we were checking out we were informed that the room we had originally reserved was available at 4:00 the previous night but no effort was made to contact us and offer us back the room we wanted. The room we stayed in was too hot and the tub was old, I did not feel comfortable taking a bath in it. It was also noisy.
The other complaint I have is that at the afternoon tea there was a woman playing music and soliciting donations for her charity, while we are supposed to be enjoying a quiet and relaxing time. I work in the social service field, I wanted a vacation, not feel like I was at work.
Needless to say. I will not be returning to this inn or recommending it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Bellevue Manor, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
It is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always appreciated that a guest takes the time to voice their view about their stay with us, even if it is less than positive.

We did, indeed, have an issue with our boiler at the Inn on Bellevue that weekend, which did result in the unfortunate need to move guests from the Inn on Bellevue, to the Bellevue Manor, which is 4 doors down from the inn. I had a plumber working on it throughout the weekend, and they were not finished with it until late in the day on Saturday. While the system was technically back in service later in the day Saturday, I decided not to risk moving people back to the Inn until I was comfortable that the system was fully heated and functioning. I apologize that this was not conveyed to you, as I can understand why you would feel disappointed that you were not moved back to the inn.

I am sorry that you did not appreciate Leslie Miller, the artist performing on behalf of her charity, "Another Voice 4 U", during the afternoon on Saturday. Leslie has multiple sclerosis, and this organization benefits performing artists with disabilities. It should be mentioned that Leslie leaves a donation jar in the room, and no pressure is made on any guest to make a contribution. As I write this response, Leslie is entertaining our guests, and enjoying applause after each selection she performs. The feedback toward her live music during our afternoon tea has been overwhelmingly positive, and I am proud to have her with us.

If your travel plans bring you back to Newport, I hope you will feel free to call me directly to handle your reservations. I will be happy to make your next stay with us a comfortable and memorable one.

Regards,
Paul W. Galluscio
General Manager, Inns on Bellevue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We spent two nights here. Originally we reserved a room in the Brinley but Robin upgraded us to the Manor (113). I had read some reviews that made me a little wary but was pleasantly treated and the room was great. The breakfast buffet was very good and everyone working in both buildings was very friendly. Monique gave us helpful guidance regarding dining choices and was ready to make reservations had we chosen to make them. Although there was a little street noise, the place is in the center of town on a busy main street after all, there was no noise from within the building to disturb us. Paul was on duty the morning we checked out, a very nice gentleman who's running a great accommodation. We would gladly return if we get the chance for another romantic visit to lovely Newport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Enjoyed 3 nights over a holiday weekend in which the Bellevue and its 3 connected inns were full. Yet the service was excellent, breakfast convenient and plentiful and room very clean. The location on Bellevue Ave is central. The Bellevue Manor was recently renovated. The breakfast menu was the same all 3 mornings but offered variety and was fresh; it was delightful to enjoy breakfast outside on the Manor's front porch. The breakfast staff really tried hard to please, our only negative was that the quiche each day was mainly inedible and we were not the only guests to make that observation. Otherwise, kudos to Paul the manager and the cleaning staff for making this a wonderful value.

Room Tip: Room 119 is a lovely corner room that enjoys sunlight, has a King Bed and sitting area. The junior s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would first like to say that I was very hesitant to stay at this bed and breakfsat after reading some bad reviews on this site. Some people complained about the lack of service and about cleanliness. Some people also complained of having their rooms moved upon checkin at the property. Please understand that there are four bed and breakfasts under the name "Inns of Bellevue". They are all within several hundred feet of each other. We stayed in the Bellvevue Manor, which is their most upscale and most recently remodeled house. Since I was concerned that our room would be moved upon checkin, which I did not want to happen, I called Paul, who is the owner and manager of this group of properties. He promised that our room would not be moved, and explained that he did this sometimes to best accomodate other guests. Well, upon our arrival, we were notified that we were going to be moved since there was an ornery gentleman in the room next to where we were going to stay who complained about children from the night before. They would up upgrading our room to the third floor suite, with two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and bath with a toilet and a sink, and another bath which contained a jucuzzi tub and a huge tiled, walk-in shower with a steamer inside. Wow! We were pleasantly and happily surprised.

The room was very spacious, and clean. I am a germaphobe, so I was set at ease upon seeing how clean the room was. The only issue I had was the the beds were a little hard for our liking, but then again, I am used to sleeping on a memory foam matress, so I guess anything would seem hard compared with that.

Breakfast that was included in the room rate was awesome. The website says that there is a continental breakfast, but they served a full hot breakfast, which was great! Each day, there was a buffet of blueberry pancakes, french toast, ham and asparagus quiche, warm sliced ham, bagels, croissants, muffins, fruit cups, yogurt, freshly ground coffee, tea, juices, milk, etc. It was very impressive! And it was very nice sitting by the large windows looking out on the town..Even our 4 year old son enjoyed the breakfast.
Paul and Robin were great, very helpful and accomodating. Even after we left, I discovered that I left my phone charger in the room, Paul said no problem, he is sending it back.

This bed and breakfast is very reasonable. $165 per night. If you stay 3 nights, you get the third night 1/2 off. If you stay 4 nights you get the 4th night free. So our three night four day stay totaled around $455 with tax, including the breakfast. We have been to many, many bed and breakfasts over the past 10 years, and the Bellevue Manor was among the best value while still getting a great, clean room, solid service, and a beautiful breakfast, for a great price.

Thanks Paul and Robin!

Room Tip: The upstairs suite on the thrid floor is great for a family!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I just returned from a two night stay in Bellevue Manor. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and made good dining recommendations. The inn is minutes away from the mansions, beaches, dining and shopping areas. This is my favorite place to stay in Newport!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a two day romantic get away.we found this great little b and b in Newport ri .we took a shot and it was great everything you look for in a little European type room .i thought we were in Europe again. The room the bed even the flowers outside .it is just walking distance from everywhere you want to go in Newport .we can't wait to go back in august .

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hubby and I took a few days for a romantic getaway and staying at the manor was the best part of our trip! It was spotless and very spacy! I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the room was with a seating area and oversized bed! The owners and staff were extremely friendly! Cannot wait to go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Bellevue Manor? Share your experiences!