“Bellevue Manor is a great place for a young family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bellevue Manor

Bellevue Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Bellevue Manor
You added Bellevue Manor to your Saves list
10 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840   |
Ranked #57 of 99 Newport B&B and Inns
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Bellevue Manor is a great place for a young family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would first like to say that I was very hesitant to stay at this bed and breakfsat after reading some bad reviews on this site. Some people complained about the lack of service and about cleanliness. Some people also complained of having their rooms moved upon checkin at the property. Please understand that there are four bed and breakfasts under the name "Inns of Bellevue". They are all within several hundred feet of each other. We stayed in the Bellvevue Manor, which is their most upscale and most recently remodeled house. Since I was concerned that our room would be moved upon checkin, which I did not want to happen, I called Paul, who is the owner and manager of this group of properties. He promised that our room would not be moved, and explained that he did this sometimes to best accomodate other guests. Well, upon our arrival, we were notified that we were going to be moved since there was an ornery gentleman in the room next to where we were going to stay who complained about children from the night before. They would up upgrading our room to the third floor suite, with two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and bath with a toilet and a sink, and another bath which contained a jucuzzi tub and a huge tiled, walk-in shower with a steamer inside. Wow! We were pleasantly and happily surprised.

The room was very spacious, and clean. I am a germaphobe, so I was set at ease upon seeing how clean the room was. The only issue I had was the the beds were a little hard for our liking, but then again, I am used to sleeping on a memory foam matress, so I guess anything would seem hard compared with that.

Breakfast that was included in the room rate was awesome. The website says that there is a continental breakfast, but they served a full hot breakfast, which was great! Each day, there was a buffet of blueberry pancakes, french toast, ham and asparagus quiche, warm sliced ham, bagels, croissants, muffins, fruit cups, yogurt, freshly ground coffee, tea, juices, milk, etc. It was very impressive! And it was very nice sitting by the large windows looking out on the town..Even our 4 year old son enjoyed the breakfast.
Paul and Robin were great, very helpful and accomodating. Even after we left, I discovered that I left my phone charger in the room, Paul said no problem, he is sending it back.

This bed and breakfast is very reasonable. $165 per night. If you stay 3 nights, you get the third night 1/2 off. If you stay 4 nights you get the 4th night free. So our three night four day stay totaled around $455 with tax, including the breakfast. We have been to many, many bed and breakfasts over the past 10 years, and the Bellevue Manor was among the best value while still getting a great, clean room, solid service, and a beautiful breakfast, for a great price.

Thanks Paul and Robin!

Room Tip: The upstairs suite on the thrid floor is great for a family!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I just returned from a two night stay in Bellevue Manor. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and made good dining recommendations. The inn is minutes away from the mansions, beaches, dining and shopping areas. This is my favorite place to stay in Newport!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a two day romantic get away.we found this great little b and b in Newport ri .we took a shot and it was great everything you look for in a little European type room .i thought we were in Europe again. The room the bed even the flowers outside .it is just walking distance from everywhere you want to go in Newport .we can't wait to go back in august .

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hubby and I took a few days for a romantic getaway and staying at the manor was the best part of our trip! It was spotless and very spacy! I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the room was with a seating area and oversized bed! The owners and staff were extremely friendly! Cannot wait to go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My boyfriend & I traveled to Newport together for the first time & I chose the hotel. The room at Bellevue Manor was not huge but enough space to stretch out with a separate sitting area. I LOVED the bathroom! It was nice & quiet at night. The woman at the reception desk was so nice & very helpful. We'll probably be going back in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

It was our first visit to Newport and although the weather was wet and cold we were warmly greeted. The manager was very friendly and he even upgraded our room so the three of us would be more comfortable, which we were. This B & B reminded us of the ones in Bath, England and the countryside of France. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. The location was also very handy as it was only a short walk to the centre of town and you could walk to the mansions. The blueberry pancakes was fantastic! We recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We just celebrated our daughter's wedding and stayed at the Manor for the wedding weekend. We had family and friends there and all had a great time. The owners are like family - we've made the Manor our vacation home for many years now and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. It's comfortable, convenient and friendly! Can't wait to get back for vacation in July! Great room, great breakfast and lots of smiling faces!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bellevue Manor? Share your experiences!