“Vacation treat” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Dessert
New York City, New York
“Vacation treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm a huge fan of sweets and this place is always on my go-to list when we go to RI. The shop is SO cute. Where can I start? Huge thing for me was the frosting shots because my daughter actually only eats frosting so it was perfect and not every place is doing that yet. Now, did I eat about 6 or 7 cupcakes? Yeah of course! And I wouldn't eat them if they weren't absolutely delicious. The hostess type one was absolutely amazing. The chocolate cake in general is so moist. We also loved the orange, which was super sweet but also cream filled and therefore completely yummy. Even my mom who doesn't like lemon loved the lemon cupcake that's filled with some type of sweet lemon curd. Oh and the chocolate raspberry is filled with some kind of chocolate raspberry truffle that is some of the most delicious I've ever had. I even took a dozen over to someone's house and they were in love with all of them also. Oh and everyone in there is so nice, it's definitely a win in Newport!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newport, Rhode Island
“stop and shop sells better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The cupcakes are expensive and in my opinion taste as though they have been sitting there for a few days. Many other Newport bakery's have cupcakes for half the price and double the quality. Total tourist trap!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Rhode Island
“colorful temptations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A charming curb appeal will take any cupcake lover right in the door - even if your plan was to go in another direction! While downtown , I couldn't resist going in to reward myself with a treat for a good day's work. ( the promise was to save my treat for after dinner.) Got a chocolate mint cupcake and it was tasted soon as I reached my car in the lot. Then devoured before I reached home (only 5 mins away). The ONLY thing a customer will have problem with, is choosing which of the yummily decorated cupcakes they want to purchase. Yay to Cupcake Charlie's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WORCESTER
“Delicous cupcakes but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I will say the first time going to Cupcake Charlies I was a bit shocked at home expensive one cupcake was, roughly $5. However they are huge and really are gourmet, so after eating one I realized they are worth the price, just be prepared.

Visited October 2012
“Wow, yummy. Had the red velvet. The cake was moist and the cream cheese icing was amazing. Sweet but not too sweet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Downtown location. They came in 2nd placw on cupcake wars. If this was #2 would love to try the winner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere