“Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Newport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Bakeries, European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great sandwiches made to order. Very friendly and attentive staff.
Will definitely return when in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Leave the tourists behind and venture back one street. Great little find. Awesome salads, bread at a very reasonable price.

New York City, New York
“The best reason to leave home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ditch the chain bakeries and sandwich emporiums! R&T has it hands down over anything you could possibly find in Newport or almost anywhere. Being a foodie from NYC, it's hard to get me enthused about anything out of state, but this place can hold its own against anything from "The City." The lemon ricotta muffin is a treasure and the honey apricot scone comes a close second. Come early (they open at 7:30 am) for best selection because by 9 much of the breakfast sandwiches have already been consumed. Four types of coffee -- brewed, not from a cartridge -- run the range from decaf to dark roast espresso so no tepid brown water here. Sitting with a party of more than 4 is a challenge cause a dozen guests will fill up the seating area. The staff is pleasant and helpful. You will not be disappointed, unless you show up after their 3pm closing time. You'll have to wait till tomorrow--why wait--come every day you're in Newport.

Montreal, Canada
“OH hello, you little gem of a hole-in-the-wall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

For my casual birthday lunch I had the pear and brie sandwich with prosciutto, The Man had the eggplant caponata, and we shared the Cobb salad. We loved everything! The place is super casual, and if you want one of the very few tables (four, I think -- two seating only two people, and the other two seating perhaps four), you just have to wait until someone leaves, still licking their fingers. And they WILL leave licking their fingers. So will you.

We couldn't finish all our food, but couldn't bear to toss it, so we asked for a takeout container and had a midnight snack. Even yummy the second time around.

I saw a ton of people just popping in to pick up a pre-ordered lunch … great idea. I'd do it too, if I lived in Newport.

GREAT value for the money. Delicious combinations of flavours. Go here, and order one of everything. The locals do it, and so should you.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Best sandwiches/everything in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've been to rosemary and thyme multiple times over the last year, it seems better each time I go. They have the best panini Cuban I have ever tasted. Amazing pizzettes, salads, and pastries. Get lunch here and get the Cuban, trust me.