“Great atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 177 Restaurants in Newport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Warwick, New York
“Great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect spot to have great food and enjoy a drink. The outside seating was great and the tacos (we had the fish and pork) were some if the best I've ever had. If you want a refreshing drink try the Sangria - delicious.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Such a fun spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I came here by myself with my one year old and what a great time we had! We ate outside on the patio which was beautiful an convenient because it is hard to dine with a toddler. I do not usually like Spanish food but ended up going here because there wasn't much of a wait. I ordered the lobster quesadillas and was pleasantly surprised. Thy were the best quesadillas I ever had! I don't like eating by myself but I had a great time and felt extremely comfortable. Would definitely go back again!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“Funky little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Like many places in Newport, RI, Diego's brings lots of personality from the building itself to the funky dishes and drinks. I work on the island so we are always trying to find places for lunch and we always seem to head back to Diego's time and time again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We needed to find a quick place for an early dinner - Diego's fit the bill. I can't say enough about the food, it was excellent. Hubby and I had fish tacos; it is served with lettuce and not the usual slaw. My family also said their food was very good but it is sooooo loud you can't hear each other. This 'restaurant' is really outside, yes it is a covered patio. I can't imagine dining here in the winter. The only thing inside is sort of a bar. This is a young person's hangout. Patrons waiting for their table were standing around the seated diners.They need to relocate and serve their yummy food in a real restaurant. Our server was very good considering the crowd. I plan on returning later during the week when the party people are back to work and really get down to serious eats like the guacamole that was spot on. Prices weren't bad considering Newport. Try it, you will like it! I would give it 5 stars if it wasn't so loud.

Visited June 2013
VJD317
“terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I visited Diego's with 2 friends for dinner. The waitress was unapologetically slow. We ordered guacolamole as an app and it came out after our dinner. She never acknowledged the fact that we already had our meals.
We gave Deigo's another try for brunch thinking it was the particular server but we waited at our table for 20 minutes when we finally had to ask for a server.
The food was good and very well priced. The small iron tables and chairs are too close together and uncomfortable.

• Visited May 2013