“Great for a sail not for information” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 55 Activities in Newport
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy our sailing tours and sunset harbor cruises through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay aboard our classic sailing yacht Madeleine. We offer sailing harbor tours and sunset sailing cruises aboard a 72-foot schooner sailing yacht Madeleine, which was specifically designed and built to carry passengers easily and safely sailing through the local waters of Newport. The sailing yacht Madeleine maintains 19th century sailboat style with a 21st century sailing yacht comfort and convenience.
Saint Augustine, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Great for a sail not for information”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Beautfiul boat and great 90-minute ride. If you've never been on a sail boat the is a great experience. They are also kid friendly which many places are not. However, hey advertise it as a sail and sightseeing "tour" where we expected to learn about what we were seeing. Nothing was ever said about what wee were seeing, and no history or information was provided. For this wee were highly disappointed. Should be called a ride, not a tour, and for a ride it was great. Go on the amazing grace if you really want info on Te area.

Visited August 2012

Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Wonderful sail on this schooner. Polite and attentive staff. Immaculately maintained vessel. Beautiful cruise of the bay.

Visited August 2012
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“A found out that I love to sail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Took my family on this sailboat cruise (madeleine) on July 2. I loved it! The crew was wonderful....the boat is gorgeous. Thanks!

Franklin, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my Newport vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I joined our group of 7 on the sunset cruise, and really enjoyed it! The crew was great, served us complimentary champagne and beer and answered our various questions about the boat, the boats around us, and the shoreline sights. I had my camera with me and I got some really awesome pictures so it was good all around on my end!

Toms River, New Jersey
“Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Beautiful boat..knowledgeable crew…free drinks and awesome view of RI from the water. Worth every penny! ($37) Anything under 70 degrees bring a sweatshirt…it can get chilly out on the water :o)