The good: This hotel is in the center of Newport and walking distance (1/2 mile or less) to just about everything except the beach and Fort Adams. It was clean and had nice accommodations -- we had a 1 bedroom townhouse w/ microwave, coffee pot, sink, dishwasher and 1.5 baths. It came equipped with dishes and silverware. The staff not as friendly as some places, but certainly professional and responsive, so cheerfulness not much of an issue for fellow New Englanders.
The not-so-good: Had some items not working (bedroom balcony door, fan in lower bath), but the balcony off the living area worked, so upstairs issue not so bad. They were a little cheap with the paper products (had to ask for additional toilet paper) and ran low on kleenex; also no paper towels in kitchen. Had one of the WiFi passwords not work, so had to obtain 1 additional (we had 4 total) -- but again, not a crisis and by no means a reason to not stay there! Also the AC fan was a bit noisy, but at least the AC worked -- and it worked very well.
Overall: I would recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club is an all-suite hotel located on the Harborfront in downtown Newport, RI. Beautiful one and two bedroom suites and multi level townhouses with kitchens, living and dining areas. Sweeping views from our private outside decks. Located at THE intersection of Newport - the corner of America's Cup and Thames this prime address allows you to leave your vehicle in our private lot and walk to all of downtown Newport's offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Newport Bay Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Bay Club Hotel Newport
- Newport Bay Club And Hotel
- Newport Bay Hotel
- Bay Club Newport