Stayed here for the first time with my husband just last night.
The good: the location is great & the rooms are clean. We stayed in a suite which was newly renovated. It provided us with a nice kitchenette (mini fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster & settings for 6) a dining room table, pull out couch, 2 chairs and a separate bedroom with a queen bed. The bathroom was nice and updated as well- sink area was a tad small but it worked. The parking was free in a small secure lot around the side of the building. Free parking in Newport is unheard of, even in the off season. There is a small gym located next to the coffee shop. Free breakfast in the morning starting at 8. ( muffins, Danish, fruit & yogurt) we were told its first come first serve so even though the breakfast hours are 8-10; front desk told us it could be gone by 8:30 so get there early if you want it.
The bad: the front desk staff is extremely rude and they should not be working with customers. Other have stated how horrible the staff is so I'm not sure why management doesn't read these comments and clean house. The walls are paper thin. We were on the third floor and heard every conversation from the rooms on each side of us but also above us. That was the worst- it was as if they were in our room. We tried to take a rest before dinner and imstead listened to the people above is sing at the top of their lungs for 2 hours. I did go to the desk to complain (twice) but found no one there. Again as others mentioned, the bar in the basement has bands each weekend which you can hear in the rooms. They play until 1am- we didn't get back to our room until 12:30am but it was still annoying to hear music while we tried to sleep. I can't imagine trying to go to bed at a normal hour OR being on the first floor closet to the music.
Overall: I would return to the hotel but it wouldn't be my first choice. Probably more like my 4th because Newport has some great hotels to chose from (Viking being my favorite). If your looking for a relaxing stay this isn't your hotel. The noise is just too much to bear. The man at the front did take a few dollars off my bill when I told him how loud it was for us and that we got little sleep. Also note, there is no front desk staff after midnight. You need to call security for assistance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club is an all-suite hotel located on the Harborfront in downtown Newport, RI. Beautiful one and two bedroom suites and multi level townhouses with kitchens, living and dining areas. Sweeping views from our private outside decks. Located at THE intersection of Newport - the corner of America's Cup and Thames this prime address allows you to leave your vehicle in our private lot and walk to all of downtown Newport's offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Newport Bay Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Bay Club And Hotel
- Newport Bay Club Hotel Newport
- Newport Bay Hotel
- Bay Club Newport