Just spent out anniversary weekend in Newport and stayed at the Newport Bay Club. We were there off-season and got a great rate on their website (always check there for discount codes not listed on budget websites). My girlfriend and I were looking for something centrally located that wasn't a dump. We got this room for $140 before fees and taxes, which is a steal.
Space & Decor (living room, kitchen (with granite), beautiful reclaimed wood ceilings)
Staff - we accidentally booked our reservation for two nights instead of one, and despite the fact we did not notice until the first night of our reservation had already passed, they did not charge us
Location - Right downtown, couldn't ask for more
Thin walls/ceilings - we could hear other people in the hotel pretty clearly.
Definitely recommended for anyone looking for something more romantic than a standard Marriott/Hyatt room, but more practical and modern and a classic stuffy Newport Victorian B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club is an all-suite hotel located on the Harborfront in downtown Newport, RI. Beautiful one and two bedroom suites and multi level townhouses with kitchens, living and dining areas. Sweeping views from our private outside decks. Located at THE intersection of Newport - the corner of America's Cup and Thames this prime address allows you to leave your vehicle in our private lot and walk to all of downtown Newport's offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Newport Bay Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Bay Club Hotel Newport
- Newport Bay Club And Hotel
- Newport Bay Hotel
- Bay Club Newport