“Pat cooks as well as a French Chef” 5 of 5 stars

Spring Street Inn
353 Spring Street, Newport, RI 02840   |
Ranked #24 of 100 Newport B&B and Inns
La Rochelle, France
“Pat cooks as well as a French Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

During a visit to the United States, we visited Newport. We were two families from France and stayed three days in the suite and another room on the top floor of the Spring Street Inn. This will remain one of our best memories in our trip. Both rooms were stylishly decorated, cozy and surprisingly quiet in spite of the traffic in the street (very comfortable mattresses as well). In the suite we enjoyed the jacuzzi and the balcony with a fantastic panoramic view of the harbor. But we loved Pat, our dear hostess. She was able to speak enough French and guided us with our visit of the city and most of all, what a variety of breakfasts she manages to offer, from fresh fruits to crepes, to all kinds of omelettes and home-made muffins. Quel plaisir ! Pat, we will be back !

Room Tip: If you can get the suite, do not hesitate. It is large and comfortable and the view makes great phot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Pat is a cheerful and accommodating host, an excellent cook, and very knowledgeable about the Newport area and its history. My husband and I stayed for two nights while in town to attend the Halloween party at Belcourt Castle, and we were so pleased with the Harborview Suite! It was really a special treat and I recommend this place to any couple looking for a little getaway. Thanks Pat! See you next year!

Room Tip: Definitely splurge on the Harborview Suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked a room at Spring street inn as it was consistently named as 1 of the top 10 B&Bs in Newport. I could not have made a better choice.
My room at Spring street inn had a canopy bed & a stunning red chaise lounge in it. Pat. the host , was extremely warm & friendly & greeted me at the door. She offered me lifts in the neighbourhood when I had to pull my heavy luggage along & did not drive. She prepared refreshing lemonade & cookies for my snacks upon my late arrival.
She cooked the breakfast in the morning. I ordered the blueberry crepes & the crepes were delicious! She offered me tips & great advice on attractions in Newport & new York(my destination after Newport). Service from the heart! In addition, this top B&B had a great collection of travel books & magazines which would entice any traveller. If you are stopping by Newport, you have to stay at springstreet inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Westford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this inn for our anniversay. This inn has a great location - you can walk to almost everything. It also has parking if you need to bring a car, but make it a small car as parking is tight. We stayed in the Harborview suite on the 3rd floor which had a small deck with a great view of the harbor (also great view from livingroom). I would caution that if you have difficulty climbing stairs, you should not consider this suite as the flight of stairs to the 3rd floor are a bit steep and treachorous (typical of homes of this era).

Breakfast was nice - served a quiche, french toast/waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, hot biscuits, hot muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, juice, coffee, and tea. The innkeeper, Pat, has quite a selection. Pat is also extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She recommended a great restaurant to celebrate our anniversary.

Room Tip: Stairs to 3rd floor are steep so make sure you are able to deal with this if you choose a room there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My sister and I traveled the long trip from Australia to the best welcome in Newport ! To be met by Patricia, the kindest, warmest, best cook and tour director made us feel immediately at home in the Rose Room at Spring Street. Our five nights and days, full of memorable experiences, sights, great food, especially Patricia's gourmet breakfasts were all treats for sore eyes and feet! We loved the cool drinks and madelines left for afternoon tea after long days viewing mansions and having " dark & stormies" on board a fully furled ketch sailing around the Newport harbour!
The comfy beds,air conditioned rooms, clean towels every day were very much appreciated.
Patricia helped us to get the most from Newport and its special attractions with her generous advice and exceptional knowledge.Thank you Patricia,for sharing your home with us. We hope that many others will enjoy the same privilege.
best wishes from Suzanne and Paula, Australia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is always a pleasure to stay here. This B&B is only 2 blocks from Thames Street and 3 from Bellevue. Pat is fantastic and makes you feel very welcome. She has lots of ideas for things to do in the area. My friends and I look forward to coming back every year--next year will be at least the 5th time we've stayed here. Yes, it's that lovely!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We just returned from Newport and a stay at the Spring Street Inn. We enjoyed our stay very much. The B&B was centrally located to all of the must see attractions of Newport. Pat, the owner, was so well informed of the area and an excellent cook!

Room Tip: We stayed in the the 3rd floor suite, which provided a great view of the harbor and was far enough a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Spring Street Inn? Share your experiences!