“Even on a bad day the management kept smiling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   712 S Utah Valley Dr., American Fork, UT 84003 (Formerly Park Place Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
Aurora, Illinois
“Even on a bad day the management kept smiling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

On the day we arrived, the management was dealing with a cleaning staff shortage. I didn't think it would affect us, but when I found that the room we were given didn't have as many beds as expected, we needed to change rooms. The fault for the inaccurate reservation might have been mine, but the staff worked their hardest to accommodate our request. Finally we got a room that worked for us and the management even lowered the price of the room without asking. Everything else during our stay was of the quality we expect from this chain. I also note that I initially didn't have any problems finding the hotel (it is visible from (I-15), but later when I returned from a different direction the GPS had trouble getting me there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AF-FrontDeskStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments and review. We apologize for the wait during your stay and were happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you during your stay. We are glad everything turned out okay and hope that you and your family stay with us again on your next trip to Utah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mountain Green, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Room was nice and big. We were upgraded because our initial room wasn't ready when we checked in. Everything was clean and quiet. Bed was a little soft for my taste. The breakfast was great. Huge selection and it was a different selection for our second day at the hotel. My only complaint was the TVs didn't work (battery dead on one remote and static only on the other TV). We went to front desk to get new batteries for remote and they had to use batteries from an empty room because they didn't have any new batteries on hand. I found that strange since this seems like it might happen a lot. Also, the door lock to our room didn't work properly. The issue didn't get fixed during our visit. Lobby area and front desk was very clean. None of the issues were major in my opinion. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AF-FrontDeskStaff, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review. We have replaced the batteries so there is no longer a shortage. We were glad to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you stay again soon.
Elwood, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The reason this place didn't get five stars is that it is a little hard to get to, hidden behind an old Walmart that is no longer open and there is very little food and no other motels around it that somehow gave the exterior a creepy vibe. The rooms were small but clean and well kept and breakfast was good. The pool was rather warm if you like those things. I'd stay again, it's just not in a great spot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AF-FrontDeskStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for you review. We have taken steps to put in better lighting around the hotel so that it is easier to see and find. Thank you for staying with us in American Fork.
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay at this hotel a couple of times a year when visiting family/friends in this area. Structurally, it is a typical Holiday Inn but what stands out is the attention the staff gives to keeping the rooms and public areas clean. As we came and went over a five day stay, we always seemed to see someone dusting, vacuuming or otherwise engaged and keeping the hotel in good shape. The complimentary breakfast was good with a decent selection. As in other areas, the hotel staff was continuously engaged in re-stocking food items and cleaning up in the breakfast room. In short, this is an above average Holiday Inn and I recommend it for thos looking for a clean comfortable room at a decent price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you had such a good stay. We will let our staff know to keep up the good work and look forward to your next stay.
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times in the last few years. Usually this is a good place to stay. However the last time, our experience was awful. The room was nice and big, but the housekeeping was lousy. They wouldn't leave enough towels for my family, even though this was requested when reserving the room. There were ketchup packets on the floor and wrappers from the previous guests left on the floor when we checked int. On the second day dirty towels with black streaks on them were hung up instead of cleans ones. On our last day we left at 9 AM and came back at 7 PM to a dirty room. When we complained, the clerk said there was nothing that she could about it, but we might be able to get a discount on the room. The next day, there was no discount included on the hotel receipt. We went downstairs and complained again. The manager was contacted and we were given a very small discount on large bill. However the worst part was when the clerk told us that the manager did not believe that our room wasn't cleaned because the both cleaning reports indicated that it had been cleaned. No one would come to our room to check it out and the manager wouldn't work with us. The clerk said that there was new cleaning staff as her excuse. Apparently the cleaning staff are dishonest and I'd hate to think about what else they are doing in the rooms. I'm so disappointed that I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Darren,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about our hotel. I am very sorry and have no excuse for the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. I understand that you have stayed with us in the past and have enjoyed your stays with us. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give us another chance to redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly for any future reservation and I will make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
Chan Patel
Hotel Manager
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have stayed in several Holiday Inn Express hotels because I am usually very pleased with everything. However, this one did not live up to what I have come to expect of them.

The edges along the wall in the room were dusty/dirty, the floor behind the toilet was dirty, the toilet seat had what appeared to be cigarette burns/stains on it, there was no transition piece between the carpet and tile at the bathroom entry (not a big deal but it looked sloppy), and the hot tub was not working due to a supposed "power surge". Additionally, the facial tissue in the room must have been the cheapest stuff they could find because it felt like cardboard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear nacnac18,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richfield, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've never wrote a review before. Mainly because I have stayed so many places and never felt as relaxed and comfortable as I did here at the Holiday Inn. The bed was so Comfortable with great pillows. Wonderful staff and a Free Very nice breakfast. I was staying here for a Baptism and will return. I loved it.......

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo? Share your experiences!