“A great place to stay in american fork, ut” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   712 S Utah Valley Dr., American Fork, UT 84003 (Formerly Park Place Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
“A great place to stay in american fork, ut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean, pleasant and attentive staff. Need a bottle of water they will give u as many as u need no fee. Breakfast is a full buffet incl. Eggs, meats, pancakes, fruit, yogurt muffins french toast etc. Tea, coffee and the best hot chocolate ever , available all day and night. Great pool and hot tub. Lovely grounds. Reasonable prices.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a pretty loyal member of Holiday Inn Express, but found this particular property to be "just OK." My family stayed here for three nights in May 2013 while attending a graduation in the area. We were a little disappointed that the largest room at this property was a "suite" that was just a room with an extended entry area where the sofa-sleeper was. Other HIEs offer a true "two bedroom" suite. The room was in good condition and clean. Air/temperature control was good. Common areas were a little worn and not top-of-the-line clean. While this property does have an indoor pool and a business area, we found both to be very small, and somewhat lacking in attention. As far as staff goes, I would have to say that the Breakfast staff were really the only ones who went out of their way to make sure that all of our needs were met. Other than at check-in, we did not have much occassion to interact with other staff, but every time we went through the lobby, the front desk seemed indifferent or distracted. The one thing that did stand out as a positive at this HIE was the PRICE. Compared to other HIE, and even other options in the area, the price of our room was a good value. I would not hesitate to stay at this HIE again, but would just lower my expectations slightly over what my experience has been at other HIE.

Room Tip: Proximity to freeway did NOT seem to create a noise problem ANYWHERE in hotel. Even the outside pro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for an evening at this hotel in May of 2013. The place seemed squeaky clean, my room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly. Mentioned to them I was in town to interview for a position and was wished "good luck" by multiple people that evening and the following day, close attention to detail and guests' happiness.

The free breakfast consisted of an assortment of hot items (eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes) along with the standard cereal/toast/fruit/yogurt. And they had coffee! Was told by a booking agent they would not have coffee (due to the location of the hotel, in Utah "Mt. Conservative" Valley), but the hotel did serve coffee, plus there was a coffee pot in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are perhaps a bit quieter, but the noise was not very noticeable once th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Price, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly but the pool was not heated. The pool and the hot tub were attached so when anyone got into the pool or hot tub there was a water transfer which made the hot tub water cold. We picked this hotel to use the hot tub so it was disappointing that it was too cold to sit in.
I then attempted to fill up the tub for my child and the water was darker than tea color and had a metallic odor. I have several pictures and will try to foward them to HI for review. I've never even seen water this color in other countries and the smell was very disconcerting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our hot tub. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I took the opportunity to spend a couple of days with my grand daughters while they were on Spring break. We loved it. It was immaculate, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast was hot and good and the girls loved the pool area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family using the Priority Club Point Breaks rate, which was a fantastic value. I was able to book a large suite with a king bed and pull-out sofa bed. If you need to be in this part of Utah County, or southern Salt Lake County, the location is great. Nothing really within the immediate area except a few commercial properties, so plan to drive to get to any restaurants. The hotel is very clean, and has been remodeled since the last time I stayed here (when it was part of a competitor chain). My only ding on this property is the typical lackluster Holiday Inn Express breakfast (although being free it can't really be faulted). Being part of the HIE chain you know what to expect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel has recently been reviewed for having poor internet. They fixed this issue- this post is being sent from the hotel.
Also, it is in the top 25% of Holiday Inn Expresses in terms of decor and comfort.

My personal complaints about the hotel are just two-
The air conditioning unit is not easy to operate, and I like a firmer bed. This one is ultra soft by my standards. But I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite. They have pull-out sofa beds for extra guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo? Share your experiences!