“Prices keep going up, even above their Web site” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Central Utah
“Prices keep going up, even above their Web site”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I joined an old friend for lunch at the Mi Ranchito, American Fork location. I was surprised to see that their pork nachos were higher than they were before; although, I would expect to see some rise since my previous visit. Those have usually been my preference during previous trips to the restaurant, but they don't serve as much as they used to and they charge quite a bit more now.
Our server suggested the lunch special, which is two chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, and a drink. I usually don't have a drink beyond water with my meals, but my friend and I decided on the special, and I chose lemonade for my drink. The flavors are still good, but the prices, even on the specials, are higher than the menu posted on their Web site.
I found out when I checked on line after I returned home that their Web site says $7.10 for the Tuesday lunch special, but ours were around $8 each, plus tax. While I was at the restaurant, I noticed the price for the pork nachos was $11.99, but the Web site says $9.99.
The Web sites of many places aren't kept up to date, but I just wonder how long it took for these to jump by that much.
For flavor and service, I doubt you'll do better anywhere else within 50 miles, but for price, I think I'll go to a buffet next time I meet with this friend or others. We have several to choose from along the Wasatch Front and the prices at the buffet are comparable for a greater selection of food types, as is the case with buffets just by definition. Still, you might find me at Mi Ranchito once in a while. I still like their food and no buffet I've been to has matched their flavors for the same type of food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Highland, Utah
“Best Authentic Mexican Food In Utaj”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hands down the best Mexican food around. I recommend the al pastor in the tacos if the nachos.

The burritos are huge , my kids normally split one .

Alpine, Utah, United States
“Good Food and a Good Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My son and I wanted to have lunch last week, and were looking for the place we haven't been to in a while. Mi Ranchito came to both our minds. Why in the world haven't I been there in so long? The first think I noticed was some new decorating. Not new furnishings or rearranging, but the bright tablecloths seemed to brighten the place immensely. It was airy, comfortable, and cheery. The booths are spacious, and there aren't so many tables that one feels crowded. The service was great, and made us feel welcome. I had the special of the day, the beef chimichanga with beans and rice. There was a lot of food there, and it was delicious. The fresh avocado and tomatoes made it more so. The bill came to about $17 for both of us! No room for dessert, but we left happy. The true test of a meal --or any activity-- is if in the middle of it, I can say, "I am enjoying this!" I said it here.

• Visited August 2013
“Great authentic Mexican.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went there the other night. Loved it!
Great food, great service and great atmosphere. I'll definitely be back.
The menu is quite extensive so it will take me a while to try everything.
Everyone in our party came away stuffed!

• Visited August 2013
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“One of my favorite restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We love Mi Ranchito!The food is always good with generous portions, and it's VERY reasonably priced. We especially enjoy the lunch menu.

• Visited June 2013