“Spectacular destination in New York” 4 of 5 stars

Buffalo
Directions
Buffalo, NY
Rochester
“Spectacular destination in New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Buffalo in summer is the best place to escape to. Very moderate weather and a lot of things to see including the Mighty Niagara Falls. It is just 20 minutes away. Cost of accommodation is relatively cheap on either side of the border. Toronto is under 2 hr distance from Buffalo. If you want to see Snow there is no other place better than Buffalo. Corning Glass museum is under 3 hrs and strong toy museum is 1 hr away from buffalo.

Baltimore, MD
“Budget car rental in Buffalo, NY overcharged me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I am a corporate pilot and check airman. I was unable to return the car to the Buffalo airport as planned due to a schedule change which was not in my control. I called to tell them and a shrill voiced woman who identified herself as a manager got angry with me. $183 was the original estimate for the rental. They charged me $681.30 ... a $500 penalty. I checked with another major brand beginning with "H" and learned that they would have charged me only $250 for the one way fee. I made a written complaint to Roi Morrison, Joint Resolution Specialist for Budget. He informed me that the Buffalo, NY Budget operation is a franchise and that they could charge whatever they like. He declined to help with a refund. I spent over $4,000 last year on rental cars (mostly Budget) and I have never had this happen before. My sense of fairness is seriousIy offended by this rude behavior and I will not use Budget anywhere ever again. As a result of this experience I negotiated a corporate rate with brand "H" which brings their price on a par with Budget. I will use brand "H" exclusively in the future.

Toronto
“Airport Parking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

July 1, 2010
I would like to share the experience I had with parking at the Insta Parking lot at 4455 Genesee St. near the Buffalo Airport.
My car was damaged while a lot attendant was driving to park it.
The lot is operated whereby you leave the car key with the lot attendant who will then park your car. When I returned after my trip, the attendant brought my car to the pick-up area and I noted that the rear door and quarter panel had sustained considerable damage. The lot attendant admitted that the damage had been caused by Insta Parking's staff when it was scraped along a yellow marker post in the parking lot. This event took place in April 2010, it is now the end of June and Insta Parking has not responded to the claim and repair estimate of $1116.44, I have submitted to them. Travelers should be aware of the increased risk at this parking lot.

Boca Raton, Fl
“Friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I spent three weeks in Buffalo and the surrounding areas.
Went to many restaurants. They all had Fantastic food. Excellant service.
The people were all very nice and down to Earth

Williamsville, New York
“Grapevine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

I eat at the grapevine at least once a month and had held many family events there. Mothers day brunch is a favorite every year. Its a relaxed atmosphere with a classy menu and the food is fantastic. Its a great family place but turns more mature in the evenint. Prices are right on.

Been to Buffalo? Share your experiences!