“Served it's purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of University Manor Inn

You added University Manor Inn to your Saves list
University Manor Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3612 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14226 (Formerly Travelodge Buffalo University District)   |
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto
“Served it's purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Ok. So first like to say we are just using this for an overnight for a shopping trip so a clean room was the most important thing. The room was clean. The room and hotel in general are very dated but the bed was actually comfortable. Front desk staff were pleasant to deal with. Understanding that this was a Saturday in the Summer the rate was par for the area but far too much for this quality room. Offered a breakfast but there's a dunkin donut right across the street so we went there. Free wifi that actually worked and good tv. No bed bugs. The write up for this motel says the rooms open to a balcony. The balcony being the shared outside walkway that leads to all the rooms NOW. I have to say....this was the LOUDEST motel I have ever tried to sleep in. You can literally hear every noise every person makes. It's like the walls are made of cardboard. Having said that it is close to all the good shopping so off we go......,

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Thornhill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Although the room was overpriced due (I hope) to the long Canada Day weekend, it was more than adequate. Yes, there were 5,000 layers of gross, green paint on the wall. Yes, the furniture was vintage, mid-century yard sale...but...the place was clean, and for the price, there were many amenities. There was a fridge, a microwave, cupboard space if you needed it, and an iron an ironing board, along with the usual motel amenities. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was meager, but it was there and it was free. Coffee was perfectly horrible. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Would stay there again if all I needed was a place to set my head on a pillow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Putnam Valley, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived at the correct time and place with a confirmed reservation. The VERY rude person at the desk FINALLY acknowledged our presence. I showed him the confirmed reservation. He accepted my credit card and immediately billed the room, gave us the key card and pointed in the direction of the room....... The room was not what I had reserved. I had reserved a double queen, no smoking, on 1st floor with immediate parking. The room he directed me to was a single king in a "closet" size room. No parking any where and it smelled of smoke....We returned to the front desk to have him give us a room like the one that was reserved....He told us that there was a "problem" with the room - and this was the only room available. No further information. (Take it or leave it).....I managed to get the reservation cancelled and my credit card credited for the amount...We asked him if he could recommend a place where we might be able to obtain accomodations....He picked up his trusty electronic gadget and started punching numbers. ..A few minutes later he appeared surprised that we were still waiting at the desk. He rudely told us that we were finished.....He barely spoke English and made it quite clear that he did not care to have to deal with a female....With his attitude I felt very insulted.. We were able to find other acceptable accomodations on our own at a nearby Days Inn. Unfortunately, we missed the wedding rehearsal dinner that we had planned to attend..... Upon returning home I had an email which indicated that there was an additional $89.99 fee for a "no show". I called Bookings.com, customer service and the very helpful person called the hotel to confirm that there would be NO additional charges charged to my credit card....Stay away from this place at all costs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

we stayed there for two nights in October 2013. The room was very good (I was surprised to read the reviews here about the room) - it was pretty clean, big very good bed, large multichannel TV, a fridge, big room. The breakfast too was decent- no healthy choices but that isn't unusual in the US. Staff are very nice and service was fine. However, the location was horrific. The neighborhood feels very unsafe; I would not be surprised if some illegal activities is taking place near or in the hotel. There was noise (arguing, shouting) outside our room that actually woke us up in the middle of the night. felt very unsafe and we were happy to leave. So - only if you must, I am sure equal rooms can be found closer to center Buffalo (we ordered ours too late so it was the only one available).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Keep away at all cost..... Horrible condition.....since every other hotel/motel were fully booked, they charged us $300.00 for the night for a beat up, outdated room with broken windows, awful bed.......broken shower......all other guests were complaining too, so it wasn't just our room!!!
Stay away!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you're looking for no frills but decent, this is the place. Paid $80 for one night; big room with two beds, fridge, big tv with cable and HD over-the-air, microwave, bathtub, and small coffee maker. Also got small continental breakfast of waffles, fruit, pastries and coffee and they had one of the best wifi signals I've ever had in a hotel. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
rt1976
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was in Buffalo for a conference and waited too long to book a hotel, so I got stuck out here. All the reviews are true. A taste of what I found there:
Peeling wallpaper
Broken and torn window screens
Stains everywhere: walls, carpet, ceilings
Leaky bathtub: after a three minute shower the floor was flooded (curtain liner had no effect)
Moldy smell throughout the room
Sticky bathroom floor
Old, worn out, scratchy blankets
And, as one reviewer pointed out, one of the especially weird and unsettling things was the wireless network, ICanSeeIntoYourRoom, which was obviously coming from the house that's less than ten feet away from all the bathroom windows in the motel (none of which have curtains).
The motel's wireless network was very spotty and almost completely useless. The "complimentary continental breakfast" was set up in the same very small room where people check in, with space for one tiny table and two chairs. They had a bunch of bananas, a waffle iron, some prewrapped Little Debbie-type danishes, and coffee that tasted like they reuse the grounds.
I don't know if it's a welfare motel or not, but there were definitely people living there.
To cap it off, it's in a really sketchy neighborhood. I asked around about the area while I was at the conference and they all got very worried about me staying out there.
Also, you'd think for this place, you'd get a bargain--nope. Paid $109 per night.
If I was doing this again and it was this place or nothing, I'd cancel the trip altogether.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business