“Great to have been upgraded.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Buffalo
Cobourg, Canada
“Great to have been upgraded.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed with my points and got a great value on the return. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite upon arrival. Could hear the planes but not enough to keep me awake. Food was good but would have preferred scrambled eggs. Overall good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that we were able to upgrade your room and that you enjoyed the extra space. The breakfast entree does change each day and I am sorry that you were unable to experience our scrambled eggs. Hopefully, we will have them on your next visit!

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood for four nights over the holidays. It's near the airport and the staff is friendly, but as others have noted, the hotel rooms and public areas are a little worn. As Hilton Honors Gold members, we were upgraded to a fireplace suite with a whirlpool, which was nice. No manager's receptions on those days so no comment on that feature.

It may be typical of the Homewood properties, but the carpeting & decor are old style--lots of dark green & heavy fabrics so the rooms feel weighted down. They don't use the clean, cool colors & styles of the Hampton Inns.

Very nice bath amenities (Bath & Body Works Rain-kissed Leaves). What a treat!

Breakfast was a bit sub-par. The hard-boiled eggs tasted like they had been dipped in a slightly acidic solution (vinegar?) and had an odd texture. The complimentary breakfast was something to fill your stomach but wasn't a great experience. I was happy for the no-charge coffee, tea, and cocoa available in the breakfast area at all times, and for the free whole fruit available at the front desk.

The business center was easy to use and uncrowded. Kudos to Homewood for not charging for this feature.

The next time I'm in the Buffalo area, I'll likely stay at the Hampton Inn in East Aurora. This Homewood is good if you need to be near the airport but it lacks the efficient, clean feel of the Hamptons.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdviosr. We appreciate your input as frequent travelers and valued HHonors members. We will use your comments on our breakfast offerings and decor as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We are glad you found our location convenient for your airport needs and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My son and I stayed here for two nights, a Saturday and a Sunday. It was a short drive using a rental car from the airport. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Richmond Heights, Missouri during the Xmas 2012 holiday season, so I had a recent experience elsewhere to compare to. I rented a one bedroom king bed suite, same as our previous stay. I was glad that I had direct access to the bathroom at night while my son was sleeping in the bedroom and I was out in the living room on the sleep sofa, unlike the Richmond Heights stay where I had to go through the bedroom to reach the bathroom. The room was smaller, but there was adequate room for the two of us. The wired Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. Staff were very friendly and I got very prompt response to my maintenance requests. The pool was a little bigger, although the deepest water was the same (5 feet). The pool area was full of young people during our Sunday morning visit. Our Sunday morning breakfast experience felt a bit shabbier than our Monday morning breakfast experience. On Sunday morning the plates and cutlery were throwaway, and there were less yogurt choices available for my son. I don't understand why the motel would do things differently for breakfast on different days of the week - it was not like this during our Xmas 2012 stay in Missouri.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am so glad that our room accomodations were comfortable for you and your son and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service the hotel staff provided. I do apologize that breakfast on Sunday fell short of your expectations. Please be assured the concern has recently been addressed with the food and beverage team and china will be available each day. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Booked a suite for my family while staying in the Buffalo area for the weekend. It's harder to find pet friendly and dog friendly hotels and this was one of them.

The lobby area is very nice and they have a 24h store where you can buy frozen dinners, ice cream, snacks (etc) and the prices are fairly reasonable.

The room was just ok. Max of 3 - 3.5 Star. Nothing that wrong with it but it needed some updating particularly in the bathroom. The toilet was a bit old, wallpaper was older and the little touches like the caulking around the bathtub was a bit gross and the grout had mildew stains and black marks on it. I didn't feel Zestfully clean.

The bed and bedroom, however, was clean. I checked both of our double beds for bed bugs and the matresses were pretty new (a bit soft) but we slept well. The pillows are nice.

The living room was basic but offers what you need for an enjoyable trip. There was also a small kitchenette with a microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, fridge, and garberator.

Again like other Hilton hotels, I had my share of free 24h coffee. It is good but, unfortunately, maybe not attended to as much as other properties like the Hampton. Hot water was warm, coffee was warm.... not hot. I had to grab my own creamer and sugar.... not refilled.

One of the hilights, though, is the pool. Very nice pool that is pretty clean and the hot tub is probably one of the best ones I've been in. I really enjoyed it.... for the first night. The rest of the time there were other guests running all over the place and being crazy down there so I didn't go back. It was kind of gross.... Pool hours are 9am - 10pm.

The gym has nice Precor fitness machines. Not huge but has weights, medicine balls, elipticals, treadmills, and a bike. Oh, free headphones incase you forgot yours (but they don't sound great). Gym is 24h.

Location is good. Close to BUF airport and Walden Galleria.

Fee for your pet to stay with you is $100 per stay which is a sanitization fee.

Breakfast isn't bad: cereal boxes, hot steam trays (omlettes, buffalo potatoes, sausage....), toast, waffle maker, fruit... but the clientelle down there made me not want to eat anything. They were all over the place touching everything.... so we went to IHOP which is about 10 mins away across from Walden Galleria (Walden Ave).

Overall, not bad. I'd stay here again if my dog was travelling with me but it needs some updating and I wasn't fond of some of the clientelle staying there. Go figure... something you can't control.

Room Tip: I think room 125 is right next to the pool. Don't stay there... it will be super loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I truly appreciate your input on the look and feel of our guestrooms and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. The hotel is scheduled to get a lobby renovation this spring with guestrooms following in the fall. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel pool, hot tub and fitness center. I hope that your dog enjoyed his stay as well! We really hope that you will try us again in the future!

Komoka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

There were four ladies out on a shopping tour... We were so impressed with this hotel we stayed for two nights instead of one.
Clean two bedroom apartment. Two full baths and less money that two hotel rooms. Nice pool and hot tub and fitness room.
Close to Walden Galleria and about 30 minutes from outlet mall.
Next time we will bring all our own food to cook in our apartment to avoid the always disappointing restaurant food in the area.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite on the parking lot- it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share this on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the hotels spacious suites and numerous amentieis. Please consider us again when you are visiting the Buffalo Area.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We travelled with our 6 month old girl for a 2 night stay from Toronto. Hotel staff very friendly. Good breakfast and handy to all the shopping in Buffalo.

On the downside, our room never got serviced on the Saturday. No new towels, sheets etc. Lots of noise from the hallway and outside that kept waking our baby up.... First time in 3 months she woke up 6 times in one night and we have travelled lots with her already. Noise proofing could be better.

I did like the layout of the suite and hotel location. The friendly staff compensated for the couple of glitches and the free coffee helped us deal with the lack of sleep! Likely would still come back for another shopping trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at the Homewood Suites and for your review on Trip Advisor. I would first like to start by apologizing that your guestroom did not get serviced on the Saturday of your stay. I am sorry that it was overlooked and I hope that it did not cause too great of an inconvenience for you. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper and housekeeping team. We are working to ensure it does not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback regarding the external noise and I am sorry that you experienced disturbances. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the services and staff at the hotel and I have shared your review with all of them. I do hope that you will try us again in the future on your next visit to the Buffalo area.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here as a last minute thought on a road trip across the country. We booked online 20 minutes before we arrived. The gentleman at the front desk quickly printed out document and we were signed in within 2 minutes. very prompt!

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suites. The bedrooms were separated by the living/kitchen area. That was convenient for getting ready in the morning.

I found the room to be 100% clean and neat. The beds were highest of quality and comfort. I reassesed my image of Homewood Suites due to this experience and I'll seek them out more in the future.

We also did partake in the complimentary breakfast. It was a nice expanded breakfast with waffle maker, cereal, warm food, fruit, etc. No complaints.

My one semi-complaint was 1 of the elevators was having maintenance issues. The way the maintenance guy behaved was a little off-putting. The rooms are "efficient" in space.... not real roomy for a longer stay. But overall it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am so glad that you picked out hotel to stay with during your journey. I hope that the trip across country was successful! I am glad that enjoyed your brief visit with us and that the guestroom and services provided were satisfactory. I am sorry about the helpfulness of my maintenance associate while working on the hotel elevator. Please be assured I have shared your review and I am addressing any concerns. I hope that you will consider us again if you ever make your way to or across the Buffalo area again!

Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!