“A lot of good but the great is really not great” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Buffalo
Toronto, Ontario
“A lot of good but the great is really not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights mid November 2012. The suite is a very good size and well laid out. The lobby is nice and from Mon-Thurs nights they offer a complimentary 'dinner' in the lobby/dining area with wine and beer. We did not stay for dinner on the one night it was available for two reasons; 1) it didn't look that appealing and 2) we prefer to go out to eat as part of our getaway.

The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast and having stayed at many Hampton Inns (also part of the Hilton chain) we were expecting a breakfast that was just as good. We were very disappointed. There was something resembling an egg dish, round sausages and hashbrowns that were sitting in grease. In addition there were plain white bagels and white bread for toasting. The most appealing thing was the fruit salad (probably from a can) and the fresh apples and bananas. We ate breakfast out.

The main reason I would not return to the hotel had little to do with the breakfast and the so-so location and everything to do with the unbelievable noise from the planes flying directly overhead. This hotel is definitely in a flight path and on the Friday morning that we were there, the planes started taking off around 6am and were taking off every 10-15 minutes. The earplugs I had buried in my ears did nothing to block out the sound.

My only other comment is that the beds were too soft and the rooms were clean but not clean, clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing you experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. The hotel takes pride in its service and amenities and I am disappointed to hear that our food options fell below your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the food and beverage team and we are evaluating and inspecting out food options to ensure quality and freshness at all times. You also mentioned that the noise from the airport disrupted your sleep and I am sorry this happenend. I am sure that it was very frustrating and uncomfortable for you.
Thank you again for your feedback and if you are visiting the Buffalo Area in the future, I do hope that you will try us again.

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

For a group of six friends that just wanted to go to Buffalo for a hangout and shopping trip, this place had the best room option (two bedrooms with a King and two Full-size beds, two bathrooms, a living room and kitchen, three flat screen TVs).

The beds and pillows were nice and comfortable, and most importantly, clean. Staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. There's free high speed wireless internet, which was fantastic. The complimentary hot breakfast (available until 10am) was great for us late owls that were up late and slept in - there was roasted potatoes, quiche, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, fruits, juice, milk, etc.

This Hotel is in a great location. It's conveniently located across the street from 7-Eleven. There is a big Wegman's grocery store just another couple of minutes down the street. A Walgreen's drug store a little further down. There's also a popular Duff's Famous Wings restaurant that was maybe about a 10-15 minute walk. It's a close drive to the Buffalo Airport, as well as, the Walden Galleria Mall, and lots of other stores nearby (like a Target on the other side of the highway from Walden).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
The team at the Homewood Suites is so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are very thankful that you shared your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you were able to spread out and enjoy our spacious suites. Our two bedroom suites are perfect for large families or guests traveling together. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit the Buffalo Area!

Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a shopping weekend and had a great time. The hotel is near the Walden Galleria for shopping and the Buffalo Airport for travellers.

The room was massive and very clean. The pool and hot tub were great as well. If you like a hot tub that's literally hot, this place is for you!

The morning breakfast was good and had everything you would want.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and was able to enjoy the hotels amenities and great location! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Simply not a well run place. Asked for a specific service to be conducted. Wasn't completed. When I asked, the front desk spoke about my miscommunication. Nice. Breakfast was dodgy too. Much lower quality and type of offerings than other Homewood Suites I've stayed at. Just not a great place. You can find better option for the same price nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we will use your feedback on our service and breakfast offerings as we continually work to improve our guests’ experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to our area in the future so that we may show you the true value in staying with us.

Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member. I have stayed at probably 20 Homewood Suites on the East Coast. This hotel is less than 1 mile from the airport. You can walk to 7-11, Wegmans, and other convenience stores. The rooms were typical Homewood layouts. The grounds were clean, with an outdoor basketball court. The gym was good with ellipticals and treadmills along with medicine balls and dumbells. The staff was pleasant at the front desk. Managers reception was good, the woman who worked it was very nice and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts and comments about out hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly we appreciate the feedback. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy all of the hotel amenities and services. We have a great location near pleanty of shopping and restaurants. We really look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Our room was huge!! The staff was friendly and welcoming. We stayed here after leaving the Amtrak station. -It is less than a mile away from the train station. We definitely will stay here again anytime we travel by train.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay! I have shared your comments about the service and cleanliness of your guestroom with my team and they are very pleased! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My favorite Homewood Suites of the dozen or so that I've stayed in. My first stay here was after a very long, stormy drive and I was exhausted. When I arrived I found that my reservation was at a different Homewood Suites, some miles away. The desk clerk took care of everything, called the other hotel, transferred the reservation and found me a room. Probably the largest room in the place and all for a very good last minute discount. So when I found myself back in Buffalo this week, I headed for this hotel, but with a firm reservation this time! Just as before, the staff were all very professional and helpful. I had a great room with a fireplace, very cozy and comfortable. The separate bedroom was very quiet and the bed quite comfy. And of course, having a full kitchen is handy if you don't want to eat out - great Wegmans grocery store just down the street. And something that I always appreciate, but rarely find in hotels, the windows actually open - fresh air!! The hotel is quite near the airport and you can hear planes coming and going and though I'm usually quite bothered by noise, I didn't find it a problem at all. If this would bother you, ask for a room facing away from the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am sorry that your original reservation was at a different Homewood, but I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and returned to stay with us again! That means so much to us! I have shared your comments regarding your guestroom suite and the service you recieved at the hotel with the hotel team. We are grateful for your compliments and we all look forward to having you stay again in the future. Thank you for taking te time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! We will see you soon!

Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!