“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Detroit, Michigan
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Our room was huge!! The staff was friendly and welcoming. We stayed here after leaving the Amtrak station. -It is less than a mile away from the train station. We definitely will stay here again anytime we travel by train.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay! I have shared your comments about the service and cleanliness of your guestroom with my team and they are very pleased! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Jennifer Redmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My favorite Homewood Suites of the dozen or so that I've stayed in. My first stay here was after a very long, stormy drive and I was exhausted. When I arrived I found that my reservation was at a different Homewood Suites, some miles away. The desk clerk took care of everything, called the other hotel, transferred the reservation and found me a room. Probably the largest room in the place and all for a very good last minute discount. So when I found myself back in Buffalo this week, I headed for this hotel, but with a firm reservation this time! Just as before, the staff were all very professional and helpful. I had a great room with a fireplace, very cozy and comfortable. The separate bedroom was very quiet and the bed quite comfy. And of course, having a full kitchen is handy if you don't want to eat out - great Wegmans grocery store just down the street. And something that I always appreciate, but rarely find in hotels, the windows actually open - fresh air!! The hotel is quite near the airport and you can hear planes coming and going and though I'm usually quite bothered by noise, I didn't find it a problem at all. If this would bother you, ask for a room facing away from the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am sorry that your original reservation was at a different Homewood, but I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and returned to stay with us again! That means so much to us! I have shared your comments regarding your guestroom suite and the service you recieved at the hotel with the hotel team. We are grateful for your compliments and we all look forward to having you stay again in the future. Thank you for taking te time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! We will see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A short distance from the airport, our one-night stay proved very satisfying. Reception staff were genuine, friendly and helpful. Our suite was a large, comfortable one bedroom and separate living room, the latter with a timer-controlled fireplace. The room was clean and well appointed, similar to all Homewood Suites. Breakfast was included; a little too generic for my taste with plain bagels, waffles and more original, omelettes. I recommend this particular property over several others at which we stayed in the same area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. My team and I are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your service and the hotel amenities. Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast. We always take this into consideration on how to improve and we will look into adding some additional items to our breakfast buffet. Thank you for your recommendation to your friends for our hotel! We will see you again when you visit the Buffalo area in the future.

Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Checked in by friendly staff into a clean well appointed and laid out suite.
Will stay there again.
Breakfast wasn't anything exciting - but was included in the price.
Good location - close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am so glad that the hotel met your needs and that you experienced great service and cleanliness. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

On the evening before my son an I took Amtrak out of Depew for Penn Station we checked into the Homewood Suites near the Buffalo Airport. The folks here were very friendly and welcoming yet again. We found a Wegmans store about a block and a half away and got a great meal and snacks from the buffet there. The next morning we had to get up early to make our 4:30am train and the front desk had called a cab for us and even paid for the ride. The hotel is great for this purpose (a layover while travelling) and the folks are very hospitable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our service and location keeps you coming back to our property! We are very grateful for your comments and look forward to having you stay again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this property on a Saturday night. We requested a non smoking room with a king bed. When we arrived we were given a non smoking room that was being transitioned from a smoking room just down the hall from an exit door. The hall and the room wreaked of smoke. After spending a few minutes in the room we asked to be changed. At first we were refused. It was either leave or change rooms. The room itself was also not great. The walls in the bedroom area were dirty and a big turn off. We did end up switching rooms and the next room was better but we were so turned off. I use the Hilton chain several times a year and have never encountered this issue. This hotel needs some spiffing up. The amhersst .location is much nicer and more well kept hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that was not previously a smoking room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your initial room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations to the best of our abilities. I understand that you encountered and opportunity with the clanliness of our hotel, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we ar very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Buffalo area that you will consider staying with us again.

Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was by far the cleanest and most comfortable in Buffalo, NY. The rooms were spotless and I felt like I was at home while I stayed here with my family. My two young girls 6 & 4 were comfortable. There was no hotel smell in the room and the hotel reception was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was ok. This hotel was just a little further out then I expected but the closest mall is the Walden Galleria, less than 10 mins away. There was a very nice Wegmans close by. The price was a little high but worth it if you are looking for comfort. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room close to exit doors at the back or close to elevators in the front.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in the servicee and amenities that the hotel provides. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it and all the great things in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!