“A Fine Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Buffalo
“A Fine Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A short distance from the airport, our one-night stay proved very satisfying. Reception staff were genuine, friendly and helpful. Our suite was a large, comfortable one bedroom and separate living room, the latter with a timer-controlled fireplace. The room was clean and well appointed, similar to all Homewood Suites. Breakfast was included; a little too generic for my taste with plain bagels, waffles and more original, omelettes. I recommend this particular property over several others at which we stayed in the same area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. My team and I are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your service and the hotel amenities. Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast. We always take this into consideration on how to improve and we will look into adding some additional items to our breakfast buffet. Thank you for your recommendation to your friends for our hotel! We will see you again when you visit the Buffalo area in the future.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Checked in by friendly staff into a clean well appointed and laid out suite.
Will stay there again.
Breakfast wasn't anything exciting - but was included in the price.
Good location - close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am so glad that the hotel met your needs and that you experienced great service and cleanliness. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

On the evening before my son an I took Amtrak out of Depew for Penn Station we checked into the Homewood Suites near the Buffalo Airport. The folks here were very friendly and welcoming yet again. We found a Wegmans store about a block and a half away and got a great meal and snacks from the buffet there. The next morning we had to get up early to make our 4:30am train and the front desk had called a cab for us and even paid for the ride. The hotel is great for this purpose (a layover while travelling) and the folks are very hospitable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our service and location keeps you coming back to our property! We are very grateful for your comments and look forward to having you stay again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this property on a Saturday night. We requested a non smoking room with a king bed. When we arrived we were given a non smoking room that was being transitioned from a smoking room just down the hall from an exit door. The hall and the room wreaked of smoke. After spending a few minutes in the room we asked to be changed. At first we were refused. It was either leave or change rooms. The room itself was also not great. The walls in the bedroom area were dirty and a big turn off. We did end up switching rooms and the next room was better but we were so turned off. I use the Hilton chain several times a year and have never encountered this issue. This hotel needs some spiffing up. The amhersst .location is much nicer and more well kept hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that was not previously a smoking room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your initial room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations to the best of our abilities. I understand that you encountered and opportunity with the clanliness of our hotel, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we ar very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Buffalo area that you will consider staying with us again.

Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was by far the cleanest and most comfortable in Buffalo, NY. The rooms were spotless and I felt like I was at home while I stayed here with my family. My two young girls 6 & 4 were comfortable. There was no hotel smell in the room and the hotel reception was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was ok. This hotel was just a little further out then I expected but the closest mall is the Walden Galleria, less than 10 mins away. There was a very nice Wegmans close by. The price was a little high but worth it if you are looking for comfort. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room close to exit doors at the back or close to elevators in the front.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in the servicee and amenities that the hotel provides. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it and all the great things in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel has all one expects from a Homewood Suites - large suites, breakfasts, Manager's Reception, clean and well-kept. The location is excellent - about a two-minute drive from BUF and less than 10 minutes to Walden Galleria and the shops around it. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite (1 King, 2 Queens, living area with sofabed), and it was large enough for our family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids). The pool was good sized (and indoor, which is probaby smart planning for upstate New York). The fitness room is larger than average and well-equipped, with a fair amoutn of strength training equipment, not just a couple of treadmills and an elliptical. THe management and staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel has won numerous Hilton awards and accolades (proudly displayed in the breakfast room). The clientele seems to be made up of either people catching one of the early flights out of BUF or Canadians doing some cross-border shopping. My 6-year old has a queston, though, "Why don't they make Lewis the Duck stuffed toys?"

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are quieter - interior rooms have some noise from the outdoor dining/BBQ area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport on Trip Advisor. Your comments and feedback mean a great deal to the team! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use all of the hotel features. I am so glad the team provided a comfortable, clean and service friendly experience for you. And yes, I agree, the location of the hotel is perfect for both shopping trips or flying out of the Buffalo Airport. We also have a great grocery store and numerous restaurants around the hotel. We hope that when you are in the Buffalo area again, you will stay with us!
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Loved this place! The evening menus are a fun addition! The breakfast was good. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful. Staff are nice! Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Sofabeds need some cleaning and work like new mattress pads, otherwise a great experience,,,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that I got the opportunity to meet you while you were here. I am so glad that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. I am sorry to hear about the condition of your sofa bed. We have been replacing out the mattress on the sofa beds this year. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Buffalo Area.
Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!