“Well Worth Staying At !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Whitby, Canada
“Well Worth Staying At !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Checked in by friendly staff into a clean well appointed and laid out suite.
Will stay there again.
Breakfast wasn't anything exciting - but was included in the price.
Good location - close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. I am so glad that the hotel met your needs and that you experienced great service and cleanliness. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Jennifer Redmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

On the evening before my son an I took Amtrak out of Depew for Penn Station we checked into the Homewood Suites near the Buffalo Airport. The folks here were very friendly and welcoming yet again. We found a Wegmans store about a block and a half away and got a great meal and snacks from the buffet there. The next morning we had to get up early to make our 4:30am train and the front desk had called a cab for us and even paid for the ride. The hotel is great for this purpose (a layover while travelling) and the folks are very hospitable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our service and location keeps you coming back to our property! We are very grateful for your comments and look forward to having you stay again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this property on a Saturday night. We requested a non smoking room with a king bed. When we arrived we were given a non smoking room that was being transitioned from a smoking room just down the hall from an exit door. The hall and the room wreaked of smoke. After spending a few minutes in the room we asked to be changed. At first we were refused. It was either leave or change rooms. The room itself was also not great. The walls in the bedroom area were dirty and a big turn off. We did end up switching rooms and the next room was better but we were so turned off. I use the Hilton chain several times a year and have never encountered this issue. This hotel needs some spiffing up. The amhersst .location is much nicer and more well kept hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that was not previously a smoking room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your initial room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations to the best of our abilities. I understand that you encountered and opportunity with the clanliness of our hotel, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we ar very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Buffalo area that you will consider staying with us again.

Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was by far the cleanest and most comfortable in Buffalo, NY. The rooms were spotless and I felt like I was at home while I stayed here with my family. My two young girls 6 & 4 were comfortable. There was no hotel smell in the room and the hotel reception was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was ok. This hotel was just a little further out then I expected but the closest mall is the Walden Galleria, less than 10 mins away. There was a very nice Wegmans close by. The price was a little high but worth it if you are looking for comfort. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room close to exit doors at the back or close to elevators in the front.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in the servicee and amenities that the hotel provides. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it and all the great things in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel has all one expects from a Homewood Suites - large suites, breakfasts, Manager's Reception, clean and well-kept. The location is excellent - about a two-minute drive from BUF and less than 10 minutes to Walden Galleria and the shops around it. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite (1 King, 2 Queens, living area with sofabed), and it was large enough for our family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids). The pool was good sized (and indoor, which is probaby smart planning for upstate New York). The fitness room is larger than average and well-equipped, with a fair amoutn of strength training equipment, not just a couple of treadmills and an elliptical. THe management and staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel has won numerous Hilton awards and accolades (proudly displayed in the breakfast room). The clientele seems to be made up of either people catching one of the early flights out of BUF or Canadians doing some cross-border shopping. My 6-year old has a queston, though, "Why don't they make Lewis the Duck stuffed toys?"

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are quieter - interior rooms have some noise from the outdoor dining/BBQ area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport on Trip Advisor. Your comments and feedback mean a great deal to the team! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use all of the hotel features. I am so glad the team provided a comfortable, clean and service friendly experience for you. And yes, I agree, the location of the hotel is perfect for both shopping trips or flying out of the Buffalo Airport. We also have a great grocery store and numerous restaurants around the hotel. We hope that when you are in the Buffalo area again, you will stay with us!
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Loved this place! The evening menus are a fun addition! The breakfast was good. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful. Staff are nice! Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Sofabeds need some cleaning and work like new mattress pads, otherwise a great experience,,,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that I got the opportunity to meet you while you were here. I am so glad that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. I am sorry to hear about the condition of your sofa bed. We have been replacing out the mattress on the sofa beds this year. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Buffalo Area.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you're looking for a hotel in this area, this has to be the one.
I really shopped around to find somewhere nice as I stayed here for 3 weeks, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.
Positive points that really stood out:
Rooms are so spacious - the kitchenette is great with cooker, microwave and dishwasher (that housekeeping will even turn on for you, new powder provided daily if you want to use it yourself); the bed was possibly the comfiest I've ever experienced!
They have laundry facilities (2x washing machines, 2x dryers) which is great for long or even short stays.
Breakfast is provided every morning and they offer a really decent selection: some type of eggs, usually sausages, cereals, waffles, yogurts, coffee, juice etc. Monday- Thursday they provide dinner (meal plan available on your fridge) and they were all really nice (a big compliment from me as I am fussy). And you can eat it in the dining area or in a courtyard right outside, where there are also a couple of BBQs guests can use.
There is also a pool and hot tub, and a gym which had the necessary machines (treadmills, crosstrainers, bike, free weights etc) which is open 24 hours.
Location wise the hotel is also great; from a map it might seem like you are far from downtown but its maybe a 15 minute drive; theres a 7/11 literally right across the road from the hotel (although there is also a "Suite Shop" next to reception for essentials); the Walden Galleria (best mall by far in the area) is also about a 5 minute drive away, and the hotel provides plenty of literature about what's good to visit in the area. There is also a supermarket (Wegmans) 2 minutes up the road, and a large pharmacy (Wal Greens). Obviously the airport is very close too.
Usually I would write about specific members of staff who stood out but over the 3 weeks I stayed they were all fantastic - really friendly and all went out of their way to be helpful.

I would strongly recommend this hotel for solo guests as well as families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for sharing your hotel experience on Trip Advisor. I shared you comments with my team and we all remember you staying with us this past summer! We are all very happy that you enjoyed our services, product, and amenities. It really was a pleasure having you stay with us and we know that we will be seeing you again in February!

We wish you all the best!
Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!