“Short trip to buffallo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Pittsburgh, United States
“Short trip to buffallo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Good location. Near to downtown. Parkingis an issue. They do valet parking but you need to be there on time or your car is moved to parking again. On a business trip with calls I missed my schedule couple of times and had to wait for them again. Rest it is good hotel. Breakfast is not complimentary. The only other issue is the noise. I can hear the FLUSH sound from other rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in the Buffalo area, but the Doubletree rates truly the best. The front desk staff, the restaruant staff, bar staff and even valet go out of there way to make sure you're happy. I've stayed here a few times and many of them remember my name, what I order for breakfast and what time I need my car. Rooms are very nice, clean and are quite large. They also have a complimentary shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up at all the local hot spots!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Dmarie0817;

The entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. It is these comments from our valued guests; like yourself, that help in motivating our staff to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction. Thank you for your continued business!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

To begin with, I have stayed at many hotels in the buffalo area when I have come up for Sabres games. I have had my share of great experiences and very poor experiences. Doubletree is right there in the great experience. When I arrived at the hotel, I was aware there was valet service, and I thought there would be a valet station but there isn't you actually give your keys to the front desk and they have someone park your vehicle for you. Now it was pretty busy when we checked in, but the front desk staff was really professional, and apologized for the inconvenience and got my keys to someone right away because I had to park on the street. The room was really nice, and smelled great! You could hear the people next door it seemed as if they checked in as well, and I was worried at first that we would hear people during the night, but that wasn't the case. They have a shuttle service, and they were able to drop us off near the arena. On the way back from the game we just got a taxi from downtown, cost us like 8 bucks to the hotel so not bad. Never got breakfast there or tried out the restaurant. Just a tip when you want your vehicle from valet, call the front desk and they will have someone get it. I didn't know that is what was needed to be done.

Overall, great hotel! My wife loved it, and said it is the best hotel that we have stayed at in Buffalo, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian;

We most certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding the DoubleTree Club by Hilton. I pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to utilize our shuttle services. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again should you return for another Sabres game! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Small hotel on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus with a friendly, helpful staff and nice restaurant for families. Rooms are comfortable with nice amenities that make traveling with small children easy - refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. Only down side is no outdoor space since the hotel is on the medical campus located between two buildings of the Roswell Park Cancer Institute but it is walking distance to the Anchor Bar!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear A Z:
We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us!
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

In complete contrast to my recent review about my (Radisson) hotel at LAX, this hotel in Buffalo shows them how it should be done....
Arrive early for check in - "not a problem" I am told, "we will find a room for you" - and they do. A nice, large suite type room with a separate bedroom - clean, tidy and pleasantly warm. I go off into Buffalo for meetings and on my return, my car is parked for me at a very reasonable rate - "it's our pleasure" they tell me - "Just call the front desk 5 mins before you want you car and it will be here waiting" - and it was!
The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service into town, right to the door of your destination AND, they come collect you again when you want to go back - just takes a phone call.
The people (staff) here are genuine and friendly & go out of their way to assist you.
Breakfast in the morning is excellent and my car is waiting, as promised, at the time agreed.
I will return without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear John G;

We value your feedback and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our service and quality accommodations here at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Thank you for your business!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Although the Front Desk was helpful and friendly, Randy, in particular was extraordinary. He was always very helpful and kind and made sure to make me feel comfortable and welcome. I had several requests and he happily took care of all of them and always checked in with me to make sure that I was happy with the results.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeBuffalo, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Serena;

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned in your review, Randy does goes out of his way to ensure everyone enjoys their stay with us. We are lucky to have him as a member of our team! It's always nice when a guest recognizes an employee. Thank you Serena! We look forward to your return!
New Hartford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband was having surgery at Buffalo General Medical Center located across the street from this hotel. I stayed here because of the hotel's convenient location and close proximity to the hospital and the hospital rate for patients and family members. My stay was lovely, comfortable, and enjoyable under the circumstances. The staff was considerate of my situation and willing to assist me if necessary. Business center was adequate for my requirements. Greatly appreciated the complimentary shuttle service that transported my husband at the time of his hospital discharge to the hotel. The shuttle service is an ideal amenity offering transportation to restaurants, etc. Loved that there is a library on the premises. I would stay there again and recommend it to others. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you utilized our amenities and took advantage of our shuttle service. Hopefully the next time you are in Buffalo, you and your husband will stay with us again. Hope he is doing well!!

Thank you for your business.

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!