“DoubleTree Buffalo NY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Buffalo
Allegany, United States
“DoubleTree Buffalo NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel room was clean. The carpets in the lobby and hallways were a bit stained. The TV wouldn't work and the fan running constantly in the bathroom was loud enough to disturb sleep. But the beds were comfortable and clean. Our family member was in the Buffalo General Hospital so this hotel was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

One night on business and the front desk was so stellar that even though the rooms were just okay I would have to give this place a double thumbs up.

Room service dining was delicious and plentiful.

No complaints.

Stayed September 2013
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I travel every week from Albany to Buffalo for business. I stayed at this hotel and will never stay there again!

Room: Filthy. There was a used washcloth draped over the shower rod when I arrived. Enough said.

Dining: Terrible. My coworker and I went to the dining area for breakfast and it took over 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee and over 45 minutes to get our food, which was disgusting. I ordered a $13.00 omelette which came out cold, crunchy, and watery. A table of four men next to us got up and left because they had been waiting so long to be served. Our waitress decided to trash talk these customers openly to other staff, right in front of us. Classy.

Customer Service/Valet Parking? RUDE! I asked to have my car pulled around. After 15 minutes without my car, I decided to take a seat. Once my car finally arrived, I couldn't even step into it before the Valet man started yelling at me to "hurry up and move my car so other people could get out" behind me.

This was probably the worst business stay I've ever had. Extremely poor management and just overall apathy of staff. Won't be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel is small but room provided is very spacious and comfortable. Though location is not great they provide shuttle to downtown etc. we found staff especially at reception very friendly and helpful.Recommended for tourists.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed one night, staff could have been a little more friendlier three people at the front desk and two just ignored guests even when the other staff person was asking a question of the other on my behalf they did not respond. Not very hospitable. The first room offered had a musty smell of damp and bleach. Was provided alternative room. Rooms are large and have a mini-ktichen with fridge, microwave and sink. Plenty of room and comfy beds. Overall it is an ok stay, there is not much around in terms of restaurants but the hotel offers a shuttle for downtown which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Channel Island Harbor, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel staff and services were great. I have read there was slight smell to the lobby when you first walk in but after a while you do not smell it. The restaurant staff was a five star. Their food was delicious, and great price. I ordered a salad I saw them cut the Romaine lettuce fresh. The soup I like it so much I ordered another to take to our room and eat it. They also offered us to take us in the shuttle for any local place we wanted to go and wait for us to bring us back to the hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Virginia Beach, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The temperature controls in the room did not work properly. I used the valet service for my rental car and someone not only stole items out of it but they also ate it in and left the mess. I can't begin to say how disappointed I was.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Jody,

Thank you for reaching out to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may discuss your experience further and work to correct our team's missteps.

Please know how disappointed we are in our staff member and this type of behavior is not tolerated here at the DoubleTree!

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!