“Great location, friendly staff, clean and well maintained hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto
“Great location, friendly staff, clean and well maintained hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Double Tree while we were in Buffalo to shop this past weekend. We found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful and welcoming, their friendliness made our stay that much more enjoyable.

The hotel room we stayed in was absolutely immaculate. I've stayed in many hotels over the years, some I found were not up to standards, the Double Tree however exceeded my expectations; the beds were heavenly and the room size was above average. I was also quite surprised at how quiet the hotel was, especially in the guest rooms. Not having to hear outside noises sure made our rest that much better.

The location was great. We found ourselves within close range of both the outlets and The Walden Galleria, Not to mention the stadium and hockey arena.

I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Buffalo and I highly reccomend it to anyone thinking of booking a stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
The entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. It is these comments from our valued guests; like yourself, that help in motivating our staff to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction. We are very fortunate that we are located to so many great places such as the Walden Galleria, First Niagara Center, the Peace Bridge and more! I hope to see you and your friend as our guests the next time you come to Buffalo to shop. Thank you apan48 for your business and review!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Lockport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very convenient to Buffalo Vascular Center, don't even have to walk outside. Indoor bridge from Roswell to Buffalo General but make sure to get there before 8:00 pm when they lock the doors to the bridge. Doubletree charges for local calls. My husband was in ICU and I made several calls to the hospital. My husband was having surgery and we were able to get in the room early which made it so much easier on me. They also have a free shuttle to take you to the hospital or area restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Chris; that you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to be located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. I am pleased to hear you utilized our shuttle service. I hope it made it easier and more convenient not having to worry about driving or walking back and forth to the hospital every day. Warm wishes for your husband – hope he is doing well! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor Chris.
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed there overnight for my family that was at Buffalo General Hospital for surgery. It went a little longer than expected so we wouldn't be out by the time we needed to fully check out. Only time to take our bags downstairs but no way to move 2 cars. They allowed us to stay parked at the hotel for the rest of the day without further charges as well as allowing us to keep our luggage there. This helped out a ton in an already stressful time. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, free W-Fi in the room and a quick walk to the hospital. There is also a discount if you are staying because of the hospital or Roswell.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great hotel for the price. Service was great. Room was very clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The cookies at reception are a great touch. Valet parking was cheap. The only down side is facing a hospital. But if you are looking for a great hotel with a modern touch this is the one for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest; the entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Should your travels bring you back to Buffalo, I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I deal with this Double Tree Hotel location on a monthly bases specifically Amanda and Renee from reservation management and it is hands down the best overall hotel I have stayed in or have had the pleasure to do business with. The entire staff especially the reservation management are extremely professional, friendly and helpful. They are very knowledgeable and most important they are extremely flexible. All the rooms are always very clean and spacious. The rooms include a fridge/freezer, microwave, sink, etc. It is very well maintained and tastefully decorated. They have a free shuttle service to take you around the city which is very close due to the wonderful location of this hotel.
Would/will stay again, it is very clean and comfortable, ESPECIALLY for the price! Check out is always quick and painless. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Stephen; thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown for your lodging needs. Our team strives daily to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. Thank you for the recognition of both Amanda and myself! We appreciate you sharing your comments. You have been a pleasure to work with and look forward to another successful year. Your business is greatly appreciated Stephen!
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Dad and I took in a Bills game and stayed here for the weekend. The customer service at this hotel was outstanding. The night team especially (Randy and Bryanne) were super friendly. It felt like we were coming 'home' each night when they worked. They asked about our day, if we had fun, did we need anything, "Would you like a cookie", etc. Great team.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. They also have a lot of channels available and free Showtime. There is no parking lot so you must valet and our car was always ready for us if we called down a few minutes prior to leaving.

The only con was that my bed was a little uncomfortable. Slightly saggy mattress but my dad had not complaints.

Overall a great experience for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Dustin, thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown. The team at The DoubleTree Club by Hilton strive daily to meet and exceed our guests expectation. I am happy to hear you felt as if you were "home" while a guest at our hotel. I will share you recognition of both Bryanne and Randy with them. We appreciate you sharing your kind comments. Thank you Dustin!
Averill Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel backs up to a well know cancer institute. I have cancer. The staff of this Doubletree has been doing everything they can for me and many others for years. This is far above and beyond what you would find in other hotels. The entire staff from its General Manager Elaine to the John the bellman are kind, concerned and right there when you need something. In fact, they go get it if they don't have it. Never a brush off, never a bad attitude. I have been staying there for over 8 years. I am picky and demanding. They are understanding and have a heart. How can beat that?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sue, the entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. It is these comments from our valued guests; like yourself, that help in motivating our staff to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction. See you soon Sue!

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!