“Wonderful Hotel with extremely professional, friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York
“Wonderful Hotel with extremely professional, friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I deal with this Double Tree Hotel location on a monthly bases specifically Amanda and Renee from reservation management and it is hands down the best overall hotel I have stayed in or have had the pleasure to do business with. The entire staff especially the reservation management are extremely professional, friendly and helpful. They are very knowledgeable and most important they are extremely flexible. All the rooms are always very clean and spacious. The rooms include a fridge/freezer, microwave, sink, etc. It is very well maintained and tastefully decorated. They have a free shuttle service to take you around the city which is very close due to the wonderful location of this hotel.
Would/will stay again, it is very clean and comfortable, ESPECIALLY for the price! Check out is always quick and painless. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Stephen; thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown for your lodging needs. Our team strives daily to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. Thank you for the recognition of both Amanda and myself! We appreciate you sharing your comments. You have been a pleasure to work with and look forward to another successful year. Your business is greatly appreciated Stephen!

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Dad and I took in a Bills game and stayed here for the weekend. The customer service at this hotel was outstanding. The night team especially (Randy and Bryanne) were super friendly. It felt like we were coming 'home' each night when they worked. They asked about our day, if we had fun, did we need anything, "Would you like a cookie", etc. Great team.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. They also have a lot of channels available and free Showtime. There is no parking lot so you must valet and our car was always ready for us if we called down a few minutes prior to leaving.

The only con was that my bed was a little uncomfortable. Slightly saggy mattress but my dad had not complaints.

Overall a great experience for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Dustin, thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown. The team at The DoubleTree Club by Hilton strive daily to meet and exceed our guests expectation. I am happy to hear you felt as if you were "home" while a guest at our hotel. I will share you recognition of both Bryanne and Randy with them. We appreciate you sharing your kind comments. Thank you Dustin!
Averill Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel backs up to a well know cancer institute. I have cancer. The staff of this Doubletree has been doing everything they can for me and many others for years. This is far above and beyond what you would find in other hotels. The entire staff from its General Manager Elaine to the John the bellman are kind, concerned and right there when you need something. In fact, they go get it if they don't have it. Never a brush off, never a bad attitude. I have been staying there for over 8 years. I am picky and demanding. They are understanding and have a heart. How can beat that?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sue, the entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. It is these comments from our valued guests; like yourself, that help in motivating our staff to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction. See you soon Sue!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Doubletree Club Hotel in Buffalo is one of the best smaller hotels that I have had the pleasure to stay in. I have travelled quite a bit in the last 10 years for business purposes and have not found a nicer or more friendly hotel. I live and work in Buffalo, but use the Doubletree for overnight stays during our busy interview time - staying 8-10 nights from November through January. The rooms are always clean and well appointed; the beds are the most comfortable anywhere; the amenities in the rooms are great; and the restaurant has excellent food - particularly the soups. The warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in is THE most unique touch. It exemplifies the warm welcome and friendliess you experience from the staff. I also use the hotel's catering service to support my meetings and work activities. The food is always well prepared and presented, and the staff is wonderful to work with.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Ruth; thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It has been a pleasure working with you all these years! We appreciate your business. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Drove to Buffalo for a birthday party (7 hour drive). We were exhausted on arrival. The Staff assigned to the front desk " Jean" was welcoming , friendly and handed us warm chocolate chip cookies. Our car was valet parked immediately . The room was comfortable, clean with WiFi and a large flat screen HDTV. It was a a short stay and very pleasant .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Cheryl; thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown. Our team strives daily to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. I will share you recognition of Jean with her. We appreciate you sharing your comments. Should your travels bring you to Buffalo again Cheryl; I hope you will consider staying with us!
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff at this Hotel were 5 star plus. They were compassionate, professional, courteous and very accomadating. I was in Buffalo for medical reasons and they greeted me warmly and took care of all my needs from the shuttle drivers taking me where I needed to go and the desk staff allowing me t taylor my stay to accomodiate my needs. They were all just phenomenal!!! I look forward to staying there again. Location was also very convenient.
Carol Stec
CT 06418

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Carol;
Our goal is to consistently strive to deliver an exceptional experience. I am happy to hear our staff achieved this goal and was accommodating and helpful to you during your stay with us. The edible arrangement you sent was very generous and delicious! The staff wishes to thank you for being so thoughtful! Carol; we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your support and kind words!
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visiting Roswell Park Cancer Institute, we stayed at this convenient hotel. The staff was all very friendly and made every effort to make everyone feel welcome and genuinely cared for. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And, well, there is always that wonderful Doubletree cookie. Yum.

The in-hotel restaurant is actually an Au Bon Pan. It is somewhat confusing whether to be seated or to order at the counter (it varies). But Maribel was extremely helpful and gracious.

If you have business in the area, this hotel will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Ask to be around the corner from the elevators -- I wasn't near the elevators, but can imagine t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest; thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our hotel! Your comments are greatly appreciated and it's great to hear about the wonderful service you were provided. We are fortunate that we are located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and connected to both Roswell and Buffalo General. This is a great amenity for our guests that are here visiting a hospital and/or medical office. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding our "clean and comfortable" rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing our guests with a clean and well cared for room. Thank you!

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!