“A gem in Buffalo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York
“A gem in Buffalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Doubletree Club Hotel in Buffalo is one of the best smaller hotels that I have had the pleasure to stay in. I have travelled quite a bit in the last 10 years for business purposes and have not found a nicer or more friendly hotel. I live and work in Buffalo, but use the Doubletree for overnight stays during our busy interview time - staying 8-10 nights from November through January. The rooms are always clean and well appointed; the beds are the most comfortable anywhere; the amenities in the rooms are great; and the restaurant has excellent food - particularly the soups. The warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in is THE most unique touch. It exemplifies the warm welcome and friendliess you experience from the staff. I also use the hotel's catering service to support my meetings and work activities. The food is always well prepared and presented, and the staff is wonderful to work with.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Ruth; thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It has been a pleasure working with you all these years! We appreciate your business. Thank you!

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Drove to Buffalo for a birthday party (7 hour drive). We were exhausted on arrival. The Staff assigned to the front desk " Jean" was welcoming , friendly and handed us warm chocolate chip cookies. Our car was valet parked immediately . The room was comfortable, clean with WiFi and a large flat screen HDTV. It was a a short stay and very pleasant .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Cheryl; thank you for choosing The DoubleTree Club by Hilton, Buffalo Downtown. Our team strives daily to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. I will share you recognition of Jean with her. We appreciate you sharing your comments. Should your travels bring you to Buffalo again Cheryl; I hope you will consider staying with us!
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff at this Hotel were 5 star plus. They were compassionate, professional, courteous and very accomadating. I was in Buffalo for medical reasons and they greeted me warmly and took care of all my needs from the shuttle drivers taking me where I needed to go and the desk staff allowing me t taylor my stay to accomodiate my needs. They were all just phenomenal!!! I look forward to staying there again. Location was also very convenient.
Carol Stec
CT 06418

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Carol;
Our goal is to consistently strive to deliver an exceptional experience. I am happy to hear our staff achieved this goal and was accommodating and helpful to you during your stay with us. The edible arrangement you sent was very generous and delicious! The staff wishes to thank you for being so thoughtful! Carol; we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your support and kind words!
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visiting Roswell Park Cancer Institute, we stayed at this convenient hotel. The staff was all very friendly and made every effort to make everyone feel welcome and genuinely cared for. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And, well, there is always that wonderful Doubletree cookie. Yum.

The in-hotel restaurant is actually an Au Bon Pan. It is somewhat confusing whether to be seated or to order at the counter (it varies). But Maribel was extremely helpful and gracious.

If you have business in the area, this hotel will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Ask to be around the corner from the elevators -- I wasn't near the elevators, but can imagine t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest; thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our hotel! Your comments are greatly appreciated and it's great to hear about the wonderful service you were provided. We are fortunate that we are located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and connected to both Roswell and Buffalo General. This is a great amenity for our guests that are here visiting a hospital and/or medical office. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding our "clean and comfortable" rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing our guests with a clean and well cared for room. Thank you!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I go to Buffalo often for business. This hotel is located close to where my client is. Everything they said before regarding the service and the personnel is true. I liked the free Wifi, the shuttle transportation and the nooks in the restaurant to plug the computer and be able to work while grabbing a snack. The room was clean and comfortable, the mattress good, the room ample enough, the heating/air conditioning unit was a bit noisy. If you don't need to, don't rent a car. The shuttle will pick you up from the airport and take you to restaurants and other places.
I will definitely stay here in my next business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Geegirl12; thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you took the time to read some of the other reviews posted here on Trip Advisor and that you were happy with your stay with us as well. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities; free WiFi, shuttle service and our clean, comfortable, large rooms. Thank you for your business and we will see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree over the weekend and would certainly do it again soon! We were greeted with fresh, warm chocolate chip walnut cookies and friendly faces. Our car was promptly valeted. Check in was fast. Jean was incredible! She was friendly and on top of all of our requests!! Ben was also great! He shuttled us around to a restaurant, local bar, then finally to our wedding reception. Great, great, great service!

• Stayed November 2012
North Tonawanda, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I and several of our wedding guests stayed at the Doubletree. Amanda and her staff bent over backwards to make sure all our needs were met. Shuttling guests to and from the ceremony and reception? No problem! Couldn't have gone smoother. Complimentary bottles of champagne, hors d'oeuvres, and gift bag really made us feel special. I can't say enough about their attention to detail and customer service. Bravo on a job well done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!