My husband and I stayed on Oct. 19th using our Hilton Honors points and got a great rate for a Friday night stay. At first glance, it appears as though the hotel is in a sketchy area (especially as we arrived around 9pm) because there aren't many people milling about the neighborhood. However, you'll see that the hotel happens to be in university research area near a hospital, and is not far at all from the actual downtown - maybe 5-10 min by car. Most of the people that you will notice on the street are hospital employees stepping out for smoke breaks, and all the buildings nearby just look as though they're part of a research campus. We found that the area was actually quite safe as we opted to park our car on the street and had no fear of going back and forth to retrieve items that we needed.
As soon as we checked in, we were greeted warmly and were given chocolate chip cookies which was a nice gesture. We were immediately informed about local dining options and given menus for recommendations in the area. We didn't end up using them, but it was nice for the clerk to have those on hand and offered before we even asked.
The hotel itself is very clean. As soon as we stepped off of the elevator, it was evident that they had cleaned and vacuumed as the air had the scent of freshly picked apples. We were given a room on the 2nd floor, and when we called to request a room on a higher floor we were politely informed that there was a wedding party being hosted by the hotel. The explanation was perfectly reasonable and our room was so comfortable that we didn't make any fuss. I am borderline OCD about cleanliness and it was clear that the room was meticulously cleaned. There were no spots or stains on the linens, the carpeting looked fairly new or at least well maintained, there were no traces of towel wiping on any of the furniture surfaces - but it was clear that they had been cleansed of dust. The bathroom was spotless and was a good size for a king room. There were the standard coffee/tea and complimentary bottles of water available. As far as comfort goes, the bed was very comfy. My husband appreciates some firmness to a mattress, while I truly adore all the softness I can get. We were both happy with the sleep that we got.
All in all, it was a great place to stay. The entire hotel looks and feels clean, and it's evident that the staff that run the hotel are accommodating to their guests. When we pulled up, the valet offered valet services but was helpful in letting us know that we could park a few blocks up the road on the street, as well as take advantage of private lot parking. It was nice that he didn't try to scare us into valet parking which is actually fairly reasonable - $13 per day. We'd definitely go back even if we don't get a good deal next time. And, they have bath products from Crabtree & Evelyn which was a nice addition. All in all, it was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Buffalo Downtown, is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Recently completed a major guestroom and corridor renovation! Now 100% non-smoking; the DoubleTree offers all of the comforts of home! Complimentary WiFi and in room safes in all of our tranquil rooms. Experience the all new "HD residential experience" on our brand new flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Buffalo Downtown
- Doubletree Downtown Hotel
- Doubletree Buffalo