You added DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
Savannah, Georgia
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently spent a week at this hotel. The staff was amazing. Everyone was very friendly, from the people at the front desk to the housekeeping staff. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Mr. Spetch; the team at The DoubleTree Club by Hilton Buffalo strives daily to engage and exceed our guest expectations. We appreciate you sharing your comments!! Thank you for your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here Oct. 5/12 for one night on our way to Pittsburgh from Ontario. The area is not inviting at all...however...once you get in it's great. We were greeted not by 1, but 3 staff members. After getting our vehicle valet, and our cookies (very nice) the supervisor was so helpful in getting us to a restaurant we wanted to go to. It was out of the "shuttle" area, but that was fine, we understood and had no problem getting a cab, which they arranged for us. The room was very spacious and the bed was so comfy (had the best sleep in a while). If I were doing the same trip I would definitely consider this hotel again.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a one night stay here. Clean, modern and well kept. Lobby was pleasant and inviting. Our room was spacious.
One negative though, view from window was a brick wall.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Otherwise good visit.

Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

For a hotel next door to the Roswell Park Cancer Institute and Buffalo General Hospital, I could only find strange the note card left for comments on the room desk is entitled: "Your parting thoughts." I suspect these cards are sent from corporate headquarters, but it might be thoughtful not to have this title in this location.

Otherwise, staff was very helpful, room was clean and big. The restaurant/breakfast needs more staff and the coffee is just awful.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was extremely impressed with it. The front counter service was helpful, polite, and very accommodating with several recommendations for food . My room was an incredible suite that was as big as my first apartment, very clean, with a huge bathroom. I did not eat in the restaurant but took advantage of the in-room dining. The only downsize was there was no pool, but since I was in town for business, it did not play affect my stay. Do not let the proximity to the hospital worry you. In 5 days I was not disturbed by any emergency traffic. The hotel is located so close to downtown dining that food options are plentiful. If in Buffalo for business or pleasure, I will be sure to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1,033 helpful votes 1,033 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our recent stay at the Doubletree "Downtown" Buffalo was average, on average. There were aspects that were very good - the daytime front counter staff, the room, the morning waitstaff (very pleasant woman who was attentive); but there were aspects that fell short - the restaurant (slow and servers who were not attentive and left dropped plates on the floor only to have guests step on them) and the location. When I read downtown in the name of the establishment I thought it would be downtown - it isn't. There is a shuttle to take you places which is nice but that is not the same. The neighbourhood is a wee bit dodgey so we didn't venture out at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
esarkis, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Sorry to hear you were disappointed by our hotel. Although we are a few miles from City Center, we do try to compensate by making the Courtesy Van available to get our guests there and to other locations they may find interesting. I am sorry you encountered less than satisfactory service in the dining room and I will be sharing your comments with both the management team and with the staff. I promise that we will follow up appropriately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you again. Elaine Sarkis, GM
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel staff and Sales Department are far superior to other hotels I have used. Anything that I needed, the staff always seemed eager to assist. The rooms are great and newly renovated. Hotel is in great proximity to everything needed in Buffalo and Niagara Falls.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Kris H; thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I've enjoyed working with you this past year and look forward to another successful year. Thank you for your business and comments regarding our staff/hotel!

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!