“Spacious modern rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Danbury, Connecticut
“Spacious modern rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here 4 nights on the 7th floor. Modern, spacious rooms with separate bedroom. Free breakfast with good variety. Supportive staff. Would definitely stay here again. Very good location for downtown Buffalo activities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our suites spacious and the layout met your needs. It is our pleasure to provide each guest with a deluxe complimentary breakfast. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our staff. I hope you enjoyed all Buffalo has to offer and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We decided to book a weekend away and at the same time enjoy the Taste of Buffalo so we were looking for a hotel within walking distance to the festival. This was a great choice it was a nice 10 minute walk and we where pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice the room was. We also liked the fact that in order to get on the elevators to go to the rooms you needed a room key that was added security.

Check inn was fast and easy the girl at the front desk was very helpful and was able to answer the questions I had when I arrived for example directions to some places we wanted to go. She gave us all the information that we needed example password for WiFi, times that breakfast was available. By the way breakfast was real nice.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found the suites clean and comfortable. We are certainly fortunate to be located downtown close to numerous great restaurants and local events. It is our pleasure to provide the added security and peace of mind of key access elevators for our guests as sometimes guests are hesitant when staying downtown in a city. I am thrilled to hear our staff provided you with an efficient and informative check in process. I hope you enjoyed the Taste of Buffalo and we hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nice hotel in good location. You can hear some noise from the restaurant below but otherwise pretty quiet and very comfortable. Room was a bit run down (cracked window, scuff marks in wall) and dated and floor plan was a little odd but still very nice and clean.

Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Stayed July 2014
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. I am glad to hear our location met your needs and the suite was comfortable and clean. I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay, during any future stays feel free to request an “even numbered” room as those face the back of the hotel away from TGI Fridays and Main Street. I would like to extend our sincere apology for the issues you experienced in your room and that it failed to meet Choice standards. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, my name is Matt, I can direct our maintenance department to that room to ensure those issues are handled appropriately. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Worcester, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Checked into this hotel as we were going to Niagara Falls.
Rooms were huge with very comfortable large bed.
Free wifi.
No noise from the roads-slight noise from tram construction nearby.
Rooms well equipped, clean and incredibly spacious- my room came with a bedroom, lounge and bathroom all of which were a good size. The bedroom had a separate set of doors to it which insulated it from any passing noise from the corridor.
Breakfast was fruit, bacon and egg and make your own waffles ( which I made my own waffles for the very first time.)
Staff were helpful in directing me to a nearby pharmacy.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m pleased to hear you found the suites spacious and clean and the bed comfortable! Furthermore, that the construction outside was not too disruptive. I’m thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe breakfast and honored you first made your own waffle here! I hope you enjoyed your time in Buffalo and were able to see the Falls. We look forward to your next stay!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I recently worked in the Niagara Falls area during July 10-14. We looked for a hotel that was economical, close to amenities and decent restaurants. Our rooms were large and truly suites (!), with a bedroom, living room (plus couch), kitchenette and nice-size bathroom. The Staff at Comfort Suites were friendly and answered my requests as quickly as possible. The House Keeping Staff cleaned the rooms daily and kept them neat. It was 25 minutes from the Rainbow Bridge, 30 minutes to the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and 5 minutes to the Peace Bridge. This had everything! It was close to the Canal Concerts, Taste of Buffalo, and a short walk to Elmwood Village and Allentown. The “Garden Walk” started on Sat. July 12th and some are located Elmwood Village and Allentown, and throughout Buffalo. We ate, on our final night, at "The Lodge", located on Chippewa, just up the street from Comfort Suites. That was Nuevo-carnivore and vegetarian, with a nice wine section. The downtown Buffalo has certainly upgraded its infrastructure and is turning into a Class-A City!

Room Tip: rooms away from Chippawa and Main Sts. may be quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay and for choosing to stay with us while working in Niagara Falls. I'm glad to hear you found our suites spacious and clean. Furthermore I am thrilled to hear our staff was able to provide you with great service. Our location in downtown Buffalo is certainly close to various restaurants, bars and events! We are a convenient drive from the Falls as well. It sounds as if you were able to check out a lot of what Buffalo has to offer! We hope to see you again soon!
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a chance to stay in this hotel while visiting Niagara for long weekend of july 4.

The room is clean, tidy and huge for us with family of 4.

This hotel does not have parking facility for guests to park their cars. But there is a near by paid garage where you can park and walk over to this hotel. The parking vouchers are available at the hotel lobby at reasonable price.

Complimentary Breakfast is good.. but since it was long weekend there was a huge rush in the morning and they ran out of food so early. Sad that hotel did not think of that and provided arrange more breakfast for guests.

Wifi is too slow.. probably because of too many rooms and guests.
Everything is accessed with your room key card.. From Elevatorts to restroom in common area, everything required keycard to access and it is so uncomfortable. Probably it is security measure for downtown hotel.

Overall it is worth.. but it can be better for the huge price(more than100$) that we pay for this downtown hotel.
Niagara is little far about 25 miles(18 miles in toll road).. i thought it will be even closer to niagara but actually not.

Room Tip: Wifi is really slow in this hotel. You may inquire in lobby if they provide any other option for int...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear our accommodations met your needs and you found the suite spacious and comfortable. I would like to extend an apology that the breakfast rush left us in a shortage, our staff certainly makes an effort to keep the food hot and stocked for all guests. I further apologize for the issues you experienced with the complimentary wireless Internet during your stay. Within the past week we have added several access points through out the hotel to increase accessibility. If you ever experience issues such as this during future stays please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk so we may reach out to our third party provider for technical support. I hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to provide you with outstanding service.
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

booked the place through Hotwire.com as a mystery stay so until I confirmed I didn't know which hotel I was getting.
This place was great. The rooms were modern, comfortable and clean. Extra touches like duvets, assorted pillows for comfort and lots of plush towels. The room had a microwave and mini-fridge.
The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. My stay included a free breakfast that pretty much provided something for everyone from scrambled eggs, waffles to yogurt and muffins. In the evening they had fresh baked cookies.
We stayed in a king suite which was great for 2 adults and 2 kids. The hideabed was in a separate room from the bedroom.
Parking is not on site but only a block away. They offer a shuttle but we walked back. The lot is supervised so it gave us some reassurance. The parking was included in my hotel price.
The only 'downside" is their address. When you enter the hotel address in you navigation system, it sends you 20 minutes away in another part of Buffalo. When arrived at the address entered and saw I was sitting in a church parking lot, I called the hotel for directions. Right away, they knew I had used a navigation system. They gave me an alternate address to use to bring me to the area and then provided clear direction on how to find the hotel. It was easy to find once we were in right area of the city.
I would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The king suite was nice. Ours was tucked away down a hallway away from the usual traffice of people...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with an extensive review of your stay. I certainly do apologize for the issues you experienced finding us! Unfortunately there is another Main street in a southern town of Buffalo and therefore GPS's that do not request a zip code may direct you there. I am thrilled to hear our accommodations met your needs and that you found your suites clean and comfortable. It is our pleasure to offer both soft and firm pillows on each King size to ensure each guests comfort. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, as well as the microwave and mini fridge in each suite. Further more I am glad you found the parking accommodations acceptable. It is our pleasure to offer a shuttle to and from the garage for the comfort and convenience for our guests. Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo? Share your experiences!