“Comfortable large rooms and close to Rainbow Bridge” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
Brooklyn, New York
“Comfortable large rooms and close to Rainbow Bridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I recently worked in the Niagara Falls area during July 10-14. We looked for a hotel that was economical, close to amenities and decent restaurants. Our rooms were large and truly suites (!), with a bedroom, living room (plus couch), kitchenette and nice-size bathroom. The Staff at Comfort Suites were friendly and answered my requests as quickly as possible. The House Keeping Staff cleaned the rooms daily and kept them neat. It was 25 minutes from the Rainbow Bridge, 30 minutes to the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and 5 minutes to the Peace Bridge. This had everything! It was close to the Canal Concerts, Taste of Buffalo, and a short walk to Elmwood Village and Allentown. The “Garden Walk” started on Sat. July 12th and some are located Elmwood Village and Allentown, and throughout Buffalo. We ate, on our final night, at "The Lodge", located on Chippewa, just up the street from Comfort Suites. That was Nuevo-carnivore and vegetarian, with a nice wine section. The downtown Buffalo has certainly upgraded its infrastructure and is turning into a Class-A City!

Room Tip: rooms away from Chippawa and Main Sts. may be quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay and for choosing to stay with us while working in Niagara Falls. I'm glad to hear you found our suites spacious and clean. Furthermore I am thrilled to hear our staff was able to provide you with great service. Our location in downtown Buffalo is certainly close to various restaurants, bars and events! We are a convenient drive from the Falls as well. It sounds as if you were able to check out a lot of what Buffalo has to offer! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a chance to stay in this hotel while visiting Niagara for long weekend of july 4.

The room is clean, tidy and huge for us with family of 4.

This hotel does not have parking facility for guests to park their cars. But there is a near by paid garage where you can park and walk over to this hotel. The parking vouchers are available at the hotel lobby at reasonable price.

Complimentary Breakfast is good.. but since it was long weekend there was a huge rush in the morning and they ran out of food so early. Sad that hotel did not think of that and provided arrange more breakfast for guests.

Wifi is too slow.. probably because of too many rooms and guests.
Everything is accessed with your room key card.. From Elevatorts to restroom in common area, everything required keycard to access and it is so uncomfortable. Probably it is security measure for downtown hotel.

Overall it is worth.. but it can be better for the huge price(more than100$) that we pay for this downtown hotel.
Niagara is little far about 25 miles(18 miles in toll road).. i thought it will be even closer to niagara but actually not.

Room Tip: Wifi is really slow in this hotel. You may inquire in lobby if they provide any other option for int...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear our accommodations met your needs and you found the suite spacious and comfortable. I would like to extend an apology that the breakfast rush left us in a shortage, our staff certainly makes an effort to keep the food hot and stocked for all guests. I further apologize for the issues you experienced with the complimentary wireless Internet during your stay. Within the past week we have added several access points through out the hotel to increase accessibility. If you ever experience issues such as this during future stays please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk so we may reach out to our third party provider for technical support. I hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to provide you with outstanding service.
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

booked the place through Hotwire.com as a mystery stay so until I confirmed I didn't know which hotel I was getting.
This place was great. The rooms were modern, comfortable and clean. Extra touches like duvets, assorted pillows for comfort and lots of plush towels. The room had a microwave and mini-fridge.
The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. My stay included a free breakfast that pretty much provided something for everyone from scrambled eggs, waffles to yogurt and muffins. In the evening they had fresh baked cookies.
We stayed in a king suite which was great for 2 adults and 2 kids. The hideabed was in a separate room from the bedroom.
Parking is not on site but only a block away. They offer a shuttle but we walked back. The lot is supervised so it gave us some reassurance. The parking was included in my hotel price.
The only 'downside" is their address. When you enter the hotel address in you navigation system, it sends you 20 minutes away in another part of Buffalo. When arrived at the address entered and saw I was sitting in a church parking lot, I called the hotel for directions. Right away, they knew I had used a navigation system. They gave me an alternate address to use to bring me to the area and then provided clear direction on how to find the hotel. It was easy to find once we were in right area of the city.
I would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The king suite was nice. Ours was tucked away down a hallway away from the usual traffice of people...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with an extensive review of your stay. I certainly do apologize for the issues you experienced finding us! Unfortunately there is another Main street in a southern town of Buffalo and therefore GPS's that do not request a zip code may direct you there. I am thrilled to hear our accommodations met your needs and that you found your suites clean and comfortable. It is our pleasure to offer both soft and firm pillows on each King size to ensure each guests comfort. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, as well as the microwave and mini fridge in each suite. Further more I am glad you found the parking accommodations acceptable. It is our pleasure to offer a shuttle to and from the garage for the comfort and convenience for our guests. Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to your next visit!
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July and it was completely booked up. The room was nice, clean, quiet. The free breakfast was not great, but not bad -we ate there everyday before we took off down to the falls or into Canada. I see some people complained about the parking - which is a block or so away - no big deal for me, and they will run you back and forth in a van if you want.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to extend an apology for failing to meet your expectations regarding our complimentary breakfast. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our breakfast so please feel free to contact me, Matt, at the hotel if you have any suggestions as to what we can do to make improvements. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found the suites clean and comfortable. We are always happy to provide shuttle service to and from the parking garage when available to make the the parking situation more convenient. I hope you enjoyed your time at Niagara Falls, we are certainly fortunate to be located so close to such a wonderful landmark. We look forward to your next stay!
Gainesville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wow! This hotel was amazing in every way! The suite was more than that. You could easily stay for a week. Spotless, spacious, and comfortable. It seemed as if the entire hotel had been recently remodeled. They offered all kinds of extras from bottled water to a buckwheat pillow (that was VERY comfortable). Every staff member was extremely helpful and friendly. We were able to walk to the ball field. We recommend this Choice property to anyone going to the downtown area. :)))))

Room Tip: Upper floors for a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your outstanding review. I am so happy to hear our accommodations met your needs, the set up certainly allows for privacy as well as comfort. It is always our pleasure to offer numerous free amenities, including the buckwheat pillow as a part of our Sweet Dreams sleep programs, cold water bottles and warm cookies on the week days. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I hope you enjoyed the game at Cocoa Cola Field! Please visit us again soon!
New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It is conveniently located at the center of the city. Staff members were very friendly and helpful. They honored a coupon we picked up at a highway rest area even though we have booked the room earlier. Parking is off site but close enough. There were descent choices for breakfast.
The suite was clean and roomy. When the bed room door is closed, you can hardly hear the TV playing in the living room area.
Great value for the price!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear you found our location convenient and the suites both clean and comfortable. Our staff works hard to provide each guest with outstanding service, so I am pleased that your experience was not an exception. The deal we offer in the Hotel Coupon Booklet is certainly great for travelers on the road although the rate is based on availability, I'm glad we were able to honor that rate for you! Please visit us again soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We got this hotel thru Hotwire - so didnt know what we were booking until the credit card was charged. However from the time we reached the hotel till the time we checked out, it was pleasant experiences all thru.

The staff was extremely helpful and showed an intent to help. The ladies at the breakfast room were helpful to kids with replenishments, the reception staff was willing to help all the way. Mike (reception) stood out for us as he helped us to even look up for other properties, spoke to someone to get details, passed on all response back to our room. He even helped load our luggage in a cab as I was away for a while.

We even extended our stay by a day - at a slightly higher rate provided by the reception staff although we were getting a similar hotel in the same vicinity thru Hotwire.com site (the same guys who provided us this hotel).

We strongly recomend this hotel - the rooms are spacious, can easily accomodate a family or group of 4+ as all their rooms are Suites - bedroom plus front room. Their breakfast has good choices, no shortage of replenishments towards the end, and extremely helpful staff with a Want-To-Help-U attitude.

Thanks
K Bhandari

Room Tip: They have spacious rooms and good options for breakfast unlike some hotels which provide only the mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for the nice detailed comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Mike is a true asset to the hotel and I will be sure to recognize him for his exemplary service.