“Good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto, Canada
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The rooms were really nice and comfortable and it's a plus to have a tv in the room and a tv in the living room so that people can watch their own shows. It is downtown and as a family traveling with a baby, there is not much around the area for us. All the restaurants were closed except for TGIF that's located in the hotel lobby. Parking is free when we booked online but when we arrived, it's actually $10. We ended up parking on the street with free parking for a Saturday night. This hotel is great if you want to be downtown, but there was nothing around for us as a family. Will stay again if I ever need to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I lived in this hotel with a tour group last December, the room was clean and bright, and the breakfast...wow...I still can't believe I could eat that much, it was delicious.

You know, all the facilities in the room are fine, but I need to focus on the BED, it's just so comfortable to sleep on it, guys, you have to try it. Anyway, good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments, especially about our beds. We do hear that alot that they are very comfortable.
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and nice, I love the fact that there is a living area as well. The staff is always so friendly, especially Jerrod!! I travel a lot with my s/o and when we need a place to stay in Buffalo, this is our first choice hotel to stay at, due to the fact that everything is very close downtown and the rooms fit our needs. Jerrod is also a big part of why we enjoy staying so often. He is such a pleasure to deal with and always willing to assist when needed! He deserves a raise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review. Glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and very happy that Jerrod made your stay a pleasant one. I will pass on the kind words.
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great downtown location with the train steps away for the hotel entrance. TGI Fridays located on the first floor of Hotel, Employees are all friendly and helpful. Great breakfast and my room is not only clean, it is comfortable.

Room Tip: all rooms are suites
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent staff. Many perks. Free bottled water, choice pf pillows, exercise facility and wireless. There is an extra sitting area to put on makeup. Definitely would come back. Free hot breakfast also. Able to make own waffle with strawberries and cream with syrup. It was great.

• Stayed December 2012
Butler, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was nice but the service was poor. I stayed for three days and was gone from 7am until 4 pm everyday and my room never got cleaned. I had to ask for towels and retrieve them every night. The day staff( not the female manager) was rude to customers in the presence of others. When sitting in lobby I could hear him say things about customers as they walked away or as he hung up the phone.
I did not have Internet access in my room and made 6 calls to wondering wifi myself to fix service. The Internet would come on for ten minutes and then stop working again. I asked at the desk and was told to call the 800 number. The morning shuttle driver was very pleasant as was the daylight manager. Over all I would not stay at this hotel again because if the services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel go above & beyond the expected. They anticipate your needs and offer services even you didn't know would make your stay more enjoyable & comfortable. Jen, the Manager was an absolute delight as well as Phil, who was an awesome driver to & from Rosewell Cancer Center. There are several others I would like to mention, but I didn't catch the names of some others who were also very special. Our stay was simply awesome despite the circumstances of our visit. If I ever have an occasion to visit Buffalo for fun rather than a family illness situation, this is the only place I would stay. I've stayed in resorts where they cater to your every need. The staff here can truly be compared to a resort staff and was even better than many.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the trolley route is the best available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. I wish you were here in Buffalo for better reasons and do appreciate you giving us feedback!

Been to Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo? Share your experiences!