“Comfort Suites downtown Buffalo” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Comfort Suites downtown Buffalo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was nice but the service was poor. I stayed for three days and was gone from 7am until 4 pm everyday and my room never got cleaned. I had to ask for towels and retrieve them every night. The day staff( not the female manager) was rude to customers in the presence of others. When sitting in lobby I could hear him say things about customers as they walked away or as he hung up the phone.
I did not have Internet access in my room and made 6 calls to wondering wifi myself to fix service. The Internet would come on for ten minutes and then stop working again. I asked at the desk and was told to call the 800 number. The morning shuttle driver was very pleasant as was the daylight manager. Over all I would not stay at this hotel again because if the services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel go above & beyond the expected. They anticipate your needs and offer services even you didn't know would make your stay more enjoyable & comfortable. Jen, the Manager was an absolute delight as well as Phil, who was an awesome driver to & from Rosewell Cancer Center. There are several others I would like to mention, but I didn't catch the names of some others who were also very special. Our stay was simply awesome despite the circumstances of our visit. If I ever have an occasion to visit Buffalo for fun rather than a family illness situation, this is the only place I would stay. I've stayed in resorts where they cater to your every need. The staff here can truly be compared to a resort staff and was even better than many.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the trolley route is the best available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. I wish you were here in Buffalo for better reasons and do appreciate you giving us feedback!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Going to buffalo for shopping is a good idea if your looking brand names or shopping for your whole one year at once! But it also matters where you go and where you stay as well. The fashion outlets by the falls US is pretty good in terms of pricing and collection and Galleria mall you must visit to have some cheesecake factory. The hotel that we stayed at was comfort suites downtown which was 20 mins away from all the shopping and in the heart of downtown. The location was awesome, with a lot of bars and restaurants walking distance. The staff was good, friendly and gave us an extra hour to checkout. That just makes them awesome n worth reviewing. The only minus was the sun in my face at 7 am in the morning because of the white curtains in my bedroom. Other than that it was a good trip overall, i got my kates spade and dkny and a sweet night out..well spent!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hope you shopping trip was fun and thank you for the nice words. Sorry about the sun(better than clouds and snow). In case you return there are "blackout drapes" behind the curtains to block out all light. Sorry you missed them.
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

What is not to love? We were allowed to check in when we arrived at 10 am and were ushered into the free breakfast upon arrival! Free wifi, a laundry down the hall (wash and dry for $2) and the staff, oh the staff, were amazing. The staff helped us get football tickets, printed off bus maps, and the breakfast staff didn't grumble when we got our times mixed up and arrived late to our (second) breakfast and she was already cleaning up. These are the things that separate a nice place to stay from an amazing place to stay. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean and there is a pillow menu among other free options including sleep machines, humidifiers and fans. Unbelievable value for a very reasonable price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. Unfortunately, the Comfort Suites is already married! lol I am happy you enjoyed our amenities here at the hotel.
Celoron, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

what a nice place to stay.Everyone was very helpful and the staff was awesome.I highly recommend this hotel for a vacation or if you need to be close to good hospitals.the staff was very helpful.the taxis and shuttles around the hotel were very helpful and not that expensive so give it a try.I promise you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: they are all nice rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Mike at the front desk checked us in. He was great; answered our questions about Buffalo's architectural locations and recommended good restaurants. He even marked them on a map. Friendly and professional.

• Stayed November 2012
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. I will also pass on the nice remarks abut Mike!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I are from Buffalo, but wanted a hotel for a wedding that we were attending downtown. We chose Comfort Suites as it was walking distance from the venue. We worked directly with the manager in arranging our rooms. He gave us the best available rate and really added that personal touch in making sure that the best customer service was achieved! So much so that I raved about it to my family members and a few more booked hotel rooms for the wedding even though they live in the area. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly customer service agents and they really made the parking situation very easy (that was something we were worried about!). The rooms were very clean and very good size. I usually do not provide reviews for places but I was definitely impressed with how you could certainly see that this hotel really went out of their way to provide great customer service. Thank you Comfort Suites!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Really appreciate you taking the time to do a nice detailed review of your stay. I hope the wedding went well and thank you for choosing us!

Been to Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo? Share your experiences!