“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

Hotel has NO valet parking. Rooms need renovation. Staff very nice. Restaurant supposedly 6th best steak house in USA. I doubt that.

Remember NO valet parking and parking is OFF SITE.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Easily the best hotel I've stayed in in Buffalo (the other two are the Millenium Airport and the Hilton Garden Inn). The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the room service (particularly the steaks) are fantastic. Perfect for the business traveler with an expense account.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
WASHINGTION
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

The beds in this hotel room are awful, there is mold in the bathrooms and over all cleanliness is horrible. definately not worth $125 to $115 a night. I did complain and was switched to another room that was not any better. I had some friends that stayed there as well. They actually moved to a different hotel and were over charged by a great deal...never again will i stay at a Hyatt.

• Liked — I didn't
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

OK- this was not the best hotel. If you can stay across the street at the Hampton they have much newer and nicer rooms. Check in was a disaster- very unorganzied. Walked up to my room and the keys did not work. Finally got into the room and it was very out dated. Terrible bedding and the carpet smelled bad.
No parking at the Hotel. And with the weather in buffalo you do not want to walk to far to get to your car
One plus is the steak house is good.
I hear they will renovate soon- until they do I will be staying elsewhere.

• Liked — The Steak house
  • Disliked — Everything but the Steak house
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

I had to stay at this hotel while on business for 3 weeks and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I am just one of the many people that came to this hotel in my group that had a list of complaints. To start, when we checked in, I had made reservations for a room with a king bed and advised them that my flight would not come in until 3 pm or so. They stated that they room would be ready and that there should not be any problems. This was a different story once I arrived. Upon check-in, which was around 4 or 5 p.m. since the flight was delayed, I was told that my room was not ready yet. I was told that it might take another 10 minutes or so and they offered me complimentary vouchers for house wine. Luckily I flew in with another co-worker so that I was able to hang out in her room for a while. After about 30 minutes, I called back and they stated that the room was not ready yet but that they were working on getting me another room. My friend and I decided o go out to eat and come back. When I came back about an hour later, the room was finally ready and I moved my things from my friend’s room to my room. However, my room was a room with two double beds not a king.

Also my friend reserved a room with double beds and she recieved a TINY room with a queen sized bed. We had to bring that to the front desk’s attention as well. They changed her room to one with a double bed but it smelled HORRIBLE!! It smelled like a rancid refridgerator that was left in vacant house for years. They came and shampooed the rugs, cleaned the drapes and provided an air neutralizer.

The next problem that I noticed was that the room was not as clean as I expected for a Hyatt. Some of the days I was left without any toiletries and without face towels. One day I came backto the room and I was left without any hand towels, soap, or washcloths. I called housekeeping and they said that someone would bring them up right away. After 30 minutes, I called again. Housekeeping stated that the person on duty was on break and she was trying to catch up with the calls that came in but that she was on her way. After another 35 minutes, she finally showed up with one wash cloth and a couple hand towels.

To finish off my experience, I ended up with little bites on my hands and arms. At first I thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction to something, but one day when I woke up and checked my bed, I found a little black bug crawling on the sheets. Point of the story is, stay somewhere else!!!

• Liked — Not Much
  • Disliked — Where could I Start...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I have read alot of recent reviews about this Hyatt, and I am completely surrised by alot of them, especially the negative expeienced ones.

This particular hotel has treated me with respect, and like a valued memeber of the Hyatt family of hotels since 1999. I am produ to call it my home when in Buffalo.

The room are generous is size, the decor is classic, and they are always very clean, have all the necessary amentities a traveller could use. The beds are actually as comfortable as you would have from home.

Most esepcially, the staff of this hotel are all so friendly and kind to the guests. I always feel so appreciated when I stay there.

They may not have a pool or jazquizi area on site, but there is the health club accross the street which we as guest are able to access.

Parking is accross the street and plentiful with 3 levels. Breakfast is included in a business class package or bed and breakfast, and the cuisine is EXCELLENT. Especially their morning selections !

If your in Buffalo, give the Hyatt a try you will not be dissapointed.

• Liked — The food selection
  • Disliked — the beds could be upgraded
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

My wife and I stayed here while visiting family. It's a decent large convention hotel but they probably need to renovate it. To begin with, our bed was sunken in a bit. Also, the bathrooms and the hallways were fairly worn.

The hotel doesn't have an in-building parking garage but it allows you to park across the street in an above ground garage (for a fee).

Their workout facility was small and worn but the hotel will give you a pass to a health club that was across the street. The health club has a decent selection of machines but was even more worn down than the hotel.

• Liked — They gave us a large room at a low rate
  • Disliked — Very worn - needs renovation
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Regency Buffalo? Share your experiences!