“Great customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Buffalo
New Hartford, New York
“Great customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I would give this a 4 if based just on customer service. Hotel was clean well appointed. Had to move room due to noise in adjoining room; then there were noise in hallway outside my new 'quiet' room. Front desk was totally responsive and did what they could. Upon check out I was surprised,,, without asking,,, with a $50 credit. Hotel is located in Downtown in an area that is experiencing a renaissance. Was nice to see all the preservation going on.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet corner room

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here one night while attending a hockey game. The parking at the hotel is a challenge - if you don't want valet parking, you can park adjacent to the hotel in an open parking lot or across the street in a covered lot. Check in was quick and the concierge was helpful in providing directions to catching the free tram to the arena. We were on the 11th floor, facing the street and could hear the trams early in the morning. If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room not fronting the tram line. The room was a good size and we had free wifi with our Hyatt card - otherwise you have to pay for access though there is free wifi in the lobby. The hotel is connected to the convention centre and seems to be busy with the business crowd. There is a Starbuck's in the lobby which is handy. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom, though clean, was somewhat small. We might stay here again if the price was right as it's only a 10 minute ride to the arena (excluding the wait time for the tram).

Room Tip: Ask for a room not fronting the tram line if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. The hotel is conveniently located close to 3 parking areas as well as free off street parking on the weekends. The metro rail is located on the back of the Hyatt which runs for free to many events. The hotel does provide free wi-fi for all Gold Passport Members which is free, you can sign up online or at the front desk. The Gold Passport is also great because you earn points for free nights, upgrades, etc. Starbucks located in the lobby is also open from 6:30am until midnight.

I am glad that you had an excellent stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Jennifer
Executive Assistant
Spencerport, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

For a single woman travelling alone, I was very happy with my stay at the Buffalo Hyatt. There was plenty of affordable parking available on either side of the hotel making for quick and easy access, especially after dark. The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the front desk asked me my room location preference which I greatly appreciated. The room was clean and comfortable, and when I couldn't get my TV to work, there was a maintenance person at my door within 20 minutes of my call to the front desk.

Overall a great experience, albeit short, and made my experience at the conference being held in the Center across the street even more enjoyable.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a first class stay with us! We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We all work together very hard to make sure that every guest has a exceptional stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jennifer Monge
Executive Administrative Assistant
Jay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Location was a key factor for our accommodations, and the reviews were rather consistent with our experience. Valet parking was our choice, given the neighborhood. $20 was a bit much, but a small price to pay for safety. The valets were very friendly, upon both arrival and departure.
The lobby is well appointed, front desk personnel were very helpful and polite.
Our room was clean, quiet, and we had a great night's sleep. The pillows were fabulous!

I highly recommend dining at EB Greens steakhouse adjacent to Hyatt, if given the opportunity for many reasons.
One: The food is amazing!!! Our prime rib was perfection, and the server was wonderful! Important to note: Think ahead and make reservations! I called upon arrival to be told they were booked until 6:30pm. This conflicted with our plans at First Niagara, so we looked into other options. On a whim, I stopped in on our way out, and we were offered a table for two in the "bar", rather than the restaurant- but we couldn't have been happier! The bar offers a rather intimate seating plan, with smaller tables, but the same menu.
Two: Once again, the safety factor. While Buffalo offers a wide range of dining opportunities, once my vehicle was parked, that was it for me.

Minor issues: The concierge was less than helpful when I presented our dilemma re: dinner options. He was a bit judgmental when I would rather not drive. Kind of a "Well, I really can't help you out if you're going to limit yourself" attitude. Keep in mind, we drove 7 hrs, and were limited to 2 1/2 hours before attending a concert at First Niagara. But again, if I had thought ahead, and known of the steakhouse reputation, I could have avoided speaking to concierge altogether.
Breakfast: I typically stay at Marriott properties, and appreciate that breakfast is included, quite often. $16.95 is too much, in my opinion. A complimentary offering of pastries, coffee and juice might appeal to guests.
Room temp: A/C was not an option as September is considered a "heat" option month. It was too warm, in our opinion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
connecticutreviewer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The lobby is very well appointed, with a bar area that also serves Starbucks in the am. My hotel room, on the 11th floor was well set up, although, it was a little dark in the room, although the room was also about as soundproof as i have ever been in.. There appeared to be some dried blood on the wallpaper of the bathroom, near the light switch, which should be taken care of.
All in all, i would stay here again, and recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Greater Buffalo area.

Ghent, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have stayed at this location before - pleasant, clean, quiet rooms. Plumbling could be updated. Near convention center. Pleasant staff - offers spa and excercize facilities. Atrium restaurant luncheon and light dinner offerings were very good. Adjacent steak house, EB Greens, is excellent.

Room Tip: Lovely sunset views from west-facing higher floors

Jennifer Monge
Executive Administrative Assistant
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel itself is on the edge of a rather run-down area on one side, and the newly refurbished area on the other. It is a beautiful hotel, with lovely decor and furnishings, well kept and clean. The staff could not have been more courteous. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate the needs and desires of the group. Smiles all around, friendly, efficient service, and quick explanations to your queries. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Buffalo area.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the north side of the buildling which overlooks more of the downtown an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, September 25, 2013

Jennifer
Executive Assistant

Been to Hyatt Regency Buffalo? Share your experiences!